PNW Hard Winter Season - Payware Airport Textures No Longer Match

GlennH

Hi Team.

Something odd has happened in the PNW region in the season transitions, especially combined with Payware airports.

I just took a tour of 74S, KBVS, 0S9, 2WA1 with my date set to Feb 23rd.

Now the PNW base scenery shows hard winter textures in these areas and the payware airports do not. This makes the whole thing look very odd.

I don't seem to recall hard winter showing in these areas at all before. Has something changed in PNW area season file?

Thanks,

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

the seasons file for PNW hasn't changed and is still the same as detailed here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/18695-pnw-textures/page__p__162697__hl__+seasons%20+holger__fromsearch__1#entry162697

It sounds like you're using a current or saved flight with active snowfall in its weather situation, which will force FSX to load the hard-winter textures. Try setting up a new flight from scratch or loading an older summer flight and then switching back to the current date. Mind you, there's wet snow falling outside my window right now so the current weather in parts of PNW may well include snowfall.

Cheers, Holger 

Hi Holger,

Thanks. Appears my weather engine was the culprit for this appearance.

Quick question though:

Why is it that the surrounding PNW scenery had snow but the addon airports such as 74S, KBVS etc all remained snow free? Do these add-on airports not get the hard winter textures triggered the same way?

Archived