Arcata elevation issues after PNW install

dannybobmusic

Hello, I have recently reinstalled FSX and started installing Orbx regions and FTX global.  I installed global first with the 1.2 patch.  Then I installed NCA.  All looked fine at KACV.  Today I installed PNW including the .007 patch.  After I installed PNW, Arcata has elevation issues.  The runway and taxiways are on a plateau above the rest of the airport.  I checked in the, scenery/world/scenery folder and all of the NCA elevations adjustments were gone.  They were there before PNW was installed but not now.  The only elevation adjustments that are there now are the PNW ones.  What should I do?  Why has installing PNW erased these files?  Just so you know, The only thing on my FSX is REX 4, FTX Global, FTX NCA, and PNW.  No other addons.

Just a note.  I made a elevation adjustment file for KACV with ADE and it fixed the problem.  It doesn't fix the other airport elevation adjustments though. 

Hi there,

not sure what may have removed the NCA elevation adjustment files but there's a complete set of backups in the \ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na\OFF folder. Make sure that FTX Central is set to North America then copy & paste the fifty "ADE_FTX_NCA_{ICAO}_elevation_adjustment.BGL" files into \Scenery\World\scenery.

Cheers, Holger

After installing NRM and CRM, the NCA elevation adjustments are deleted again.  Unfortunately, I looked in the OFF folder as before and they have been deleted from there as well.  I did have FTX central set to north America and I did install all the patches.  I have installed nothing else besides what I have listed.  I think there is a problem when installing older regions after NCA.  Now I have no elevation adjustments and no way to restore them without reinstalling NCA.  Any thoughts?

Hi there,

very odd. I assume you moved the files from the \OFF folder rather than copying them because there's nothing in our code that would delete them from that folder.

In any case I'd suggest setting FTX Central to NA and then re-installing NCA on top, which should only take a couple of minutes and fix all lingering issues.

Cheers, Holger

Archived