scenery layers question

mazelda

Hi all

looking for a little advice on this as even after reading the manual I'm still a little unclear.

I recently just bought ftx global but I already had most of the other areas avail except Ireland.Which in itself is not a problem but the install puts the openlc files above all these areas and also the orbx lib files,the manual doesn't really state if they should go above or below the more detailed area files it only really mentions the fact that the open lc base file must be at the bottom of any open lc folders.

I have to play around a bit more trying to get the best look as where I fly from most has too many trees surrounding the airport(EGPH) that have only appeared since installing global, also for future reference should the FTXAA_ORBXLIBS be above or below every other Orbx entry.I ask only because some companies have the lib files below all there other files and some have them above what's Orbx policy?

thanks for any help

rgds

Hi there,

every time you run FTX Central (i.e., press the Apply button) the entire FTX block of entries will sort itself into the correct internal order at the location specified by the insertion point tool (if you're using that option). In other words you don't ever have to worry about the OrbxLibs entry.

As for the OpenLC entries they should always be below the FTX region and airport entries meaning at lower display priority. Makes sense too, if you think about it, as you want to organize your scenery "layer cake" from larger-area/coarse-detail (bottom) to smaller-area/high-detail (top).

Cheers, Holger 

Archived