Updated Installation Order

WR269

The FAQ's list has not been updated since 2011 and we can find snippets everywhere.

I gather if I have FTXG (and Vector later)

I can install those two first, or last, it will not matter, as long as FTC Central is set to Global. Correct?

If I have the AU4 pack, this gets installed before any of the airports.

If FTX Central is already installed, I have to set it to Global before I install AU4?

For every Aussie airport, FTX Central must be set to Oceania before installing?

FTX Central must be set to Global before installing PNW?

FTX Central must be set to North America before installing any of the NA Airports?

Finally, Orbx Libs. Are they necessary after installing FTXGlobal last?

I gather if I have FTXG (and Vector later)I can install those two first, or last, it will not matter, as long as FTC Central is set to Global. Correct? YES, Global, Vector and the mesh can be installed at any moment.

If I have the AU4 pack, this gets installed before any of the airports. YES

If FTX Central is already installed, I have to set it to Global before I install AU4? YES

For every Aussie airport, FTX Central must be set to Oceania before installing? YES

FTX Central must be set to Global before installing PNW? YES

FTX Central must be set to North America before installing any of the NA Airports? YES

Finally, Orbx Libs. Are they necessary after installing FTXGlobal last? always necessary, after any installation, if selecting FTX central -> tools -> report Orbx product installed you read a older library version respect to the latest released in the support page.

I was just about to ask a very similar question, the only product I have installed is FTX Global 1.20 and just want to confirm I still need the Orbxlibs and to always make sure installing any updates for Orbxlibs?

Also, I read you should always install Orbxlibs last. Does that mean it should also have the highest prio in the FSX scenery library? Because in my case looking at the scenery library the entry for Orbxlibs is below the entries for FTX Global.

Sorry if this is a washed out question already answered many times. I did read both some FAQs and also did some searching but was not able to find the exact answers to my questions.

Edited to add one more question, I read in some other thread there might be an issue in the latest version of the Orbxlibs when running FSX in DX10 mode, is that correct? And if so will I be affected by this with only FTX Global installed?

I would say "yes" to DX10 problems.  I've don't have global FTX, just regions and some airports, and thus far all good with DX10 (until the last library upload - or perhaps patch 7 for PNW - I think it was the patch actually.  Now my buildings are all black squares :(

Archived