FTX Global Insertion Points

B777LR

Quick question, I have FTX Global only, no other FTX products. FTX Central right now is putting the below entries at the top of the scenery.cfg. Were are they supposed to be in the scenery file? I would think they need to be of lesser priority than all my 3rd party payware airports no? I can change the insertion points via the FTX Central UI but just need to know what the proper order of it should be. Thanks

[Area.247]

Title=ORBX!OPENLC_BASE

Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_AA

Layer=247

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.248]

Title=FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

Local=ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

Layer=248

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.249]

Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1

Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU1

Layer=249

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.250]

Title=ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1

Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_NA1

Layer=250

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

I need to reopen this question. I tried using FTX Central to move the above mentioned 4 entries down the list but only FTXAA_ORBXLIBS would move to where I wanted it. The other three refused to move from the top of the list? Manual does not address this issue. Can I get some assistance with this please? I tried moving one at a time with no luck and then held down CTRL and selected all to move but again on the FTXAA_ORBXLIBS moved.

[Area.248]

Title=FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

Local=ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

Layer=248

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Hi Eric,

sorry, I missed that additional question.

Here's what the FTX Global manual says about the three OpenLC entries on page 14:

These entries are NOT tied to any Orbx FTX folders like before, meaning you can move them up or down as you wish. This will allow our openLC landclass to work in conjunction with other third party landclass products.

In other words, the insertion point tool only works on the "regular" FTX region and airport entries. That's deliberate because users may want to the move around and "sandwich" the openLC entries depending on what other landclass add-ons they have installed.

If you want to change the position of the openLC entries don't do it with the insertion point tool (it won't work as stated above) but rather directly in your scenery library menu. The easiest way is to left-click on a given entry, then once on either the Move up or Move down button, then press and hold the keyboard Enter key. 

Cheers, Holger

Archived