Night lights

ALW

When you say you have turned them on, how exactly did you do that?

Sounds like a silly question, but the older full FTX regions use an older lighting system... You have to run the "FTX Night" application (there should have been two shortcuts placed on your desktop for "day" and "night") if you want to see lights at night... A point of clarification... You can leave it set to "Night" mode and you won't have to switch back in the daytime... The lights go out during the day :)

The reason for the two options is simply that even during the daytime, when the older style lights go out, they're actually still there and can reduce FPS a little... "Day" mode removes them to increase performance.

If however you're trying to turn them on using the "Vector Road Lighting" check box in FTX Central, this will have zero effect as this only applies to the newer style lighting system introduced with FTX Global.

The good news is ALL older full regions, including ENG and SCO are being updated to replace the older style lights with the new style lights... The new lighting does not impact performance like the old style. No timeframe on that, but the first old region to receive the upgrade has been released... Watch this space :)

Hello all

Could someone post a screenshot or two of the night lights please? I've turned them on but I cant see anything!

I have England and Scotland installed.

Thanks in advance for your help

Alan W

Hi Alan,

I don't have the England or Scotland regions (just Wales & Global Base), so I can't take an appropriate screen shot for you.  Sorry.

Perhaps you could post a screen shot of what you are seeing and someone can tell you if it looks correct?

How to post screenshots: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Hang in there, someone with England/Scotland will get you an answer.

Cheers,

Matt

Thank you both for your input.

I do have two icons on the desktop. I've clicked on night lights and I suppose I was expecting to see something similar to when I had FS9 installed with UT Europe. Street lights everywhere!

Thanks again

Alan

Thank you both for your input.

I do have two icons on the desktop. I've clicked on night lights and I suppose I was expecting to see something similar to when I had FS9 installed with UT Europe. Street lights everywhere!

Thanks again

Alan

Yeah... The region packs tend to have a more realistic approach and only put lights where you'd expect them ;)

Archived