Wrong houses in AU, Hybrid mode not locking

jm3XQ

Hey guys,

I experienced some troubles with FTX Central recently. I try to keep it short:

• I get exceptional errors now and then when switching between regions.
  • Hybrid mode won't 'lock' (After applying, I highlight (not apply) another region and then highlight Global again, but the box is unchecked again).
  • Some strange issues in NA: Seaplane base in PAJN and town in CZST seem to be declared as land areas (no water or photo texture).
  • Just today I discovered that I have default european buildings instead of the very nice Orbx autogen buildings with white roofs in Australia. Switching FTX Central from AU to Global Hybrid doesn't change anything here:
Flugingenieur_140205_European%20building

I tried to reinstall recent Orbxlibs 131215, but that didn't help. It seems that something is messed up in the backup-files of FTX Central. Could you help me to resolve the problem?

Regards,

Nick

Here's an example of an exceptional error message I got when I switched from Global to Oceania (without Orbx trees and Vector Lights ticked). First line says "acces ... restricted":

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "I:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\restore.bat" wurde verweigert.

bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)

bei System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)

bei System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding)

bei System.IO.File.WriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding)

bei FTXCentral.FTX_Environment.CopyBuildRestoreBat()

bei FTXCentral.FTX_Environment.ApplyRegionChanges()

bei FTXCentral.FTXC.Apply()

bei FTXCentral.FTXC.lblApplyButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************

mscorlib

Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.

Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.5472 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400).

----------------------------------------

FTXCentral

Assembly-Version: 1.0.4.0.

Win32-Version: 1.0.4.0.

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly-Version: 8.0.0.0.

Win32-Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400).

System

Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400).

System.Windows.Forms

Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400).

System.Drawing

System.Runtime.Remoting

Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400).

System.Configuration

Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.5476 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400).

System.Xml

Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.5476 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400).

gynyk3bg

System.Core

Assembly-Version: 3.5.0.0.

Win32-Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1.

l7yo-x11

mscorlib.resources

Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.5472 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400).

System.Windows.Forms.resources

Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400).

Windows security or Anti virus software probably, few things you can try:

- Right-click FTXcentral and select properties>>Compatibility>> tick box marked "Run this program as an administrator"

- Right-click on your FSX folder>>Properties>>Security>> ensure all users have full control to edit, modify, write, read and execute etc...

- Turn UAC (User access control) off

- Disable Antivirus temporarily

Reboot PC, try again

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tim,

thanks again. 

Meanwhile I was able to figure out that my issue with trees and houses in AU isn't really an issue (YSCB product page shows the same objects for instance) and PAJN and CZST are fine now after selecting different control panel options for winter season.

But the issue with the tickbox for Hybrid Mode remains unclear. I also noticed some problems with trees on taxi- and runways on default airports around the world. I reinstalled FTX Global and Vector with recent Orbxlibs last and AV/UAC off but no change. Some weeks ago I installed OZx 3.4, Holgermesh for AU and the Flight1 UTX Vector Lights tool on top of my Orbx installation. It's not very likely that any of those might have caused this, right?

However, there's another thing I noticed. Some time ago I did some testing with enabling a scenery folder under FSX' Addon Scenery folder for access via a network. After testing I revoke those access rights. Since then I have a lock symbol on the FSX main folder although I checked that all users have full access to it as you suggested: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qelcppmxssd6c0r/FSX-Ordner%20Schloss.jpg

For now, I am unable to get the lock removed.  :(

Thanks, the lock is removed now.

But the issue remains the same. To me, it looks like something got messed up in the backup process while I was switching FTX Central due to insufficient permissions or similar. Is there a way to reset FTX Central manually to make sure that all files are in the correct places before Central moves them, other than a complete reinstall? (I tried reinstalling latest Orbxlibs though without success).

Archived