Buildings in the water, trees on the taxiway

solstice

It appears that ever since I installed, then uninstalled the ORBX Global demo I've got water in strange places along with other weird placements. Trees on runways, buildings in water areas. I was hoping there might be someone out there that can offer some help. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

No answer but I have the same problem and can't solve it yet. Deleted ALL ORBX but they are still there. Looking forward to an answer. I have tried deleting everything than installing just PF, updating the FTS library with the update on their web site and also replacing the terrain.cfg with the one posted in the forums but still no go yet.

Hi guys,

it's difficult to properly diagnose this without any screenhots but it sounds as if parts of your terrain.cfg file may have become corrupted. Probably the easiest fix is to "refresh" it. The active terrain.cfg is located in the main FSX folder and there's a backup of the original version in the \ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work folder. Make a copy of your active terrain.cfg (as a safety backup) and then overwrite it with the original version. Then you need to start and cycle FTX Central at least once between options (doesn't matter which) and press Apply to automatically re-insert the FTX custom entries. Also, if you own other add-ons that require custom entries, like Ultimate Terrain or FSAddon, you'll need to run their setup tools or repair options as well.

Cheers, Holger

Hi,

I met a similar issue, probably with another cause. There are building hovering over the water north of Sydney

LOtMW.jpg

I am just flying from downtown Sydney parallel to the Harbor Bridge heading to the North East, perhaps a mile or so after the bridge.

I think I identified the cause: It seems to be Global Ultimate mesh. I have both installed, i.e. Holgermesh + Ulitmate. The above shot is with Ultimate active, which the simulator should choose because of its higher resolution than Holgermesh, right? As soon as I deactivate Ultimate Oceania in the library (i.e. only Holgermesh active) all houses are solid on the ground and all is good.

Now I am a bit surprised, as I have been told several times Global Ultimate being a "good" mesh.

This is with only FTX Global installed but not Global Vector, and of course FTX AUS. Region is switched to Oceania, and this is Prepar3dv2. Mesh resoliution slider is set to 5 m.

My fault or Ultimate's?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Hi there,

those .cfg files may be hidden in Windows Explorer by default; see  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/show-hidden-files#show-hidden-files=windows-7

Cheers, Holger

P.S.: Michael, occasional blocks of floating autogen buildings are a known and annoying bug with FSX and there's been lots of discussions about that here and elsewhere. Nothing anyone can do about other than refreshing the scenery library (you can set a hotkey for that in the FSX menu so that you can do it during a flight). It happens more often with high-resolution terrain mesh but it's not the mesh itself that causes it.

Hi,

My problem was just that the terrain.cfg in the FSX root directory became corrupted when I deleted the Global and some other demos I was messing around with. I reinstalled every thing AND replaced the terrain.cfg file in FSX with the backup terrain.cfg in ORBX.  I don't know why it stayed corrupt in FSX but it did. I suggest ORBX get a more precise way to uninstall in future. Nice produce though. 

Thanks.

Archived