PSN Demo not working

solstice

I've got FTX & so I thought I'd try out the PSN demo before considering a purchase. Well the DN went smooth, then I went to FTX Central and got the error, "Duplicate landclass index 14 aborting FTX Central". Now I can't start FTX at all. Any help or ideas about why this is happening? Thanks in advance.

Walt

OK, PNW Demo  in FSX, FTX is the company name that develops the demo software.  Uninstalling the demo requires that it be done with the uninstall program for that purpose.  After installing the PNW Demo software did you also download and install the ORBX Libraries from the support page.  The Library updates scenery objects etc.

When you say the Demo is not working we need details on what it is doing or not doing as "not working" is such a broad term as to be usless in troubleshooting any problems.  Be specific, detailed and include system specifications for starters.

Ok, I haven't done anything since I DN the Pacific Northwest Demo ver 2. But each time I go to FTX Central I get the message - "Duplicate landclass index 14, Aborting FTX Central", and nothing happens. You mentioned that I also need to install the ORBX Libraries, since I already have FTX installed shouldn't that cover it?  My system is fairly new, Intel i3 8G ram Asus HD 7770 GPU & plenty of space on the HD running Windows 8.

Thanks!!

Ok, I haven't done anything since I DN the Pacific Northwest Demo ver 2. But each time I go to FTX Central I get the message - "Duplicate landclass index 14, Aborting FTX Central", and nothing happens. You mentioned that I also need to install the ORBX Libraries, since I already have FTX installed shouldn't that cover it? My system is fairly new, Intel i3 8G ram Asus HD 7770 GPU & plenty of space on the HD running Windows 8.

Thanks!!

The demo areas do include libraries, but the demo areas are much older than the latest libraries... The libraries also include the latest build of FTX Central. If nothing else, it's worth installing the latest libraries just to be sure you have the latest build of FTX Central.

i did as you said but was stil having problems so I went & did an unistall the proper way & got things working again. I'd really consider pruchasing the Global program, but after going through with the demo I'm not sure. ???

Hi solstice,

The PNW demo is to demo the "full fat" PNW scenery area and has nothing to do with Global.  To demo the "Global" program download install the "Iceland demo".  Understand "Global" replaces all the stock FSX land class(LC) ie: what the ground looks like.  Full fat areas like PNW replace all the LC textures with custom ones, very accurate "mesh" (mountains, valleys, etc), all the airports (some 450 if I remember) custom roads, etc, etc.

Cheers, Neil 

Archived