CZST Issue

Doug Sawatzky

I somehow messed up my CZST. After I applied the latest update for this airport all the airport buildings disappeared, I then reinstalled the full CZST app which recovered all the buildings but was in hard winter mode with non slippery surfaces, so I reinstalled the update again which allowed me to change seasons but it will not allow me to make changes in the CZST control panel and only the runway and tarmac surfaces are now locked in hard winter non slippery surface mode. What did I do wrong? :wacko:  ::) 

sRxP3.png
  FW0VL.png
  bNcl.png

The trouble with this, is the patch can only work if the CZST files are in a particular state of '.OFF' so the installer has a routine to force the users config into 'normal' mode so the installer recognises the files regardless of how each user had their control panel configured before the install. It's actually not a simple situation at all, and it appears this routine is not working for all.

Can you go into your flight sim\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CZST\Scenery directory and change the '.off' state of the following files so they appear exactly as below:

CZST_LIB_GPHW.bgl.off

CZST_LIB_GPHWNS.bgl.off

PLC_CZST.bgl

PLC_CZST_HW.bgl.off

This will put your CZST into 'normal' (non hard winter) mode, and you will then be able to use the control panel to change the mode without any further issues.

Hey Russ

I haven't tried it yet, but I am sure it will work. I never really needed that patch as I dont usually switch over to the hard winter mode anyway, and I am back to the original ver 1.0 now... so I will report if I make any more changes. I do very much appreciate the effort you guys put in to these and to try to keep us all happy! Not an easy task. ::)

• 2 months later...

Hello Russ,

I did not fly in CZST for some weeks and now I noticed, that apron and runway are full snow-covered, but nothig else had snow.

I thought that the switch in the control panel only switches between slippery or not slippery runway. But now it is always winter, even in August!

When I changed control panel to normal the runway and the airport buildings are gone.

Now I found this topic, but my files are exactly as you described. Still no apron, no runway and no building! I have switched several times to different modes, but no help.

There must be something wrong with the update. Do you have any other suggestion?

Fritz

The solution is not easy to find:

The first patch 1.1 was released around 27. Jan. 2014 and made the trouble.

The second patch 1.1 released 17th March 2014 solves the problem!

Unfortunately they have the same number, so it was not clear that thers is already a solution.

Fritz

Archived