FTX Global winter textures...are they supposed to look like this?

WebMaximus

This shot was taken a couple of minutes after takeoff from ESSA today the 22nd of Jan and to me this doesn't look much like winter.

Jan%2022nd%20east%20of%20ESSA.jpg

Is it supposed to look like this or does this indicate I have some problem with my winter textures and/or FTX Global installation?

hhmmm, good question; I have yet to visit ESSA in FTX Global, but I have been somewhat close to here in the past month. This is what I have seen on my way from KJFK to ENGM

FS_SCREENSHOT_203_zps798bf153.png

and here are the textures over in the US - Chicago and St Louis

FS_SCREENSHOT_153_zps210088c2.png

FS_SCREENSHOT_171_zps8bb71680.png

Thanks for sharing!

Looking at your screenshots and if the first one is close to ENGM it looks to me like the winter textures are missing in Scandinavia because comparing your first shot and my shot above to your 2nd and 3rd shot they are not even close. What is seen in your 2nd and 3rd shot is what I would expect this time of year here in Scandinavia.

I wonder if it could be something with the time of day and how the light will make the textures appear differently?

If this indeed is an issue with FTX Global Is there any way to fix this?

It looks like snow is on the ground in your first screenshot which is correct for most northern areas in January. The brightness of ground textures can be impacted by time of day and weather conditions. Running post-processing programs like Shade, ENB, and SweetFX can also impact ground color. But all that aside, your ground textures do look correct for the time of year. 

Cheers,

Alex

Archived