what do you use ?

miloguy

hi guys, 

I think I am nearly done with flying my cessna 208 with a joystick

how much difference would it be in flying with a yoke and rudder controlls ?

and what would you recommend for around the $300 range?? aussie that is 

For $300 you could get the Saitek yoke, throttle quadrant, and maybe rudder peddles too. In fact, I would check eBay.

Edit: Ebay has a few listings of Saitek bundles (yoke, throttle quad, rudder pedals) for around $275 USD. That may be a little above your budget in AUD, but it's in the ballpark.

Todd

I'm in between yokes at the moment but I'm thinking of buying the vrinsight yoke as I know if I buy another saitek yoke I will wear it out, pay the extra and save later is my thinking.

I personally don't feel saitek yokes are made for heavy use so I need something I can service with ease instead of just throwing money at saitek.

If you fly a lot with the yoke and not the autopilot then choose quality over cheapness

I'm in between yokes at the moment but I'm thinking of buying the vrinsight yoke as I know if I buy another saitek yoke I will wear it out, pay the extra and save later is my thinking.

I personally don't feel saitek yokes are made for heavy use so I need something I can service with ease instead of just throwing money at saitek.

If you fly a lot with the yoke and not the autopilot then choose quality over cheapness

Agreed when my Saitek yoke finally gives up the ghost I wont be replacing with another Saitek.  I will be looking for something with some serious quality, maybe PFC if they arent stupidly expensive to import.

Archived