Help with FTX Global Installation

tony.chase

Hello,

I have tried absolutely everything to install FTX Global and I cannot seem to get it to work. First, i installed it and it didn't come with ftx central. I installed Orbxlibs and now i have ftx central. I tried installing global again after however, i do not see a change in fsx scenery, also i don't see ftx global it in ftx central either. There wasn't an installation guide with the original global download so i don't even know if i am doing everything right.  I have now deleted all orbx files from fsx folder so i can start from scratch. Help on installation please.

Thank You

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

sorry to hear about your difficulties.

Usually, the two main causes for incomplete installations are either lack of harddrive space or file/folder access permission issues. I believe FTX Global requires at least 10GB to work through the installation routine. Also, make sure you have full access permissions to your FSX folder tree by running the installer .exe as Administrator, (temporarily) deactivating Windows' User Access Control, and ensuring that no overly protective virus/malware checker prevents file movements.

Cheers, Holger 

Archived