PAEN atc-problem + etc - handover at touchdown, no taxi-instructions, and start at dock?

Medtner

Hi,

I have a few problems (not big, but hope to have them solved). 

- When asking for taxi-instructions I'm told to taxi via "taxiway  "  - no specifics. Can this be fixed?

- When touching down I'm told to contact ground controller (instead of the usual "turn next taxiway"). This also happens to the AI-planes.

- I'd love to be able to choose the dock when starting at the airport with a floatplane. I can't, and only find a number of ramps and a gate or two (and the runways, though not water).

- I was flying patterns at the 19L/1R when I heard a Piper Cherokee getting clearance to land at 1water (which it indeed did). What a weird place to land a tricycle Piper... ;-)

Other than this I just love this airport! Such a great atmosphere! :D

Best,

Erik

• 1 month later...

I have to bump this one, because one of the bugs keep me from using this airport as a traffic-pattern airport:

- When touching down I'm told to contact ground controller (instead of the usual "turn next taxiway"). This also happens to the AI-planes.

• 1 month later...

Hi Medtner,

I'm sorry I missed this thread.  This is fixable and it's my bad.  I normally make sure all taxiways have the correct designation but with doing airports like PAJN for Russ it's all done with links and I didn't think to add the designators.

I'll update PAEN and get the files back to Russ for the next service pack (SP).

Cheers, Neil

• 1 month later...

Hi again,

was this quick-fix for getting taxiway instructions? If so it workes very well, but I am also wondering about the instant handover to ground when touching down. On all other airports (except Redding, which has the same problem) I am not handed over until I have vacated the runway. Makes Touch and Goes impossible... 

Archived