Vector and Aerosoft Antarctica

Hi,

Is it possible to disable the elevation fixes for Antarctica as Vector puts for example a raised runway right across McMurdo Pegagasis fields (NZPG) main runway in the Aeresoft Add On.

Normally an area would be fixed by a mesh (I use Genesis for the world etc) but Antarctica I understand was put together from a variety of sources and took a lot of effort basically due to where it is. It's unlikely therefore that this will ever change.

A workaround is to disable Vector for flights within Antarctica and also from NZ / AU tis isn't an issue if you have the Orbx scenery, which I do. However flights to / from South Africa would be reduced in quality due to not having vector enabled.

I've had a look through the BGL's to see if there are any obvious ones to set to off but understandably they look like they are grouped together for the elevation fixes.

Please could you let me know which bgl to set to off so that the elevation fixes are eliminated for this continent.

Thanks

Iain

• 1 month later...

I have this issue too; there is a raised field at base marambio (see screenshot) and at mcmurdo, which i eventually traced to a conflict with global vector (and not vector aec).

it would be very useful to know which files could be disabled in the FTX_Vector directory to just remove the conflicts with these fields. many thanks for your help!

Dwfo2.jpg

A german user posted this fix in the german section, might also solve your issue:

Rename the following files:

FSX-Rootdirectory\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR_AEC\Scenery\AECSAWB.bgl   >   AECSAWB.antarctica

FSX-Rootdirectory\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\Scenery\CVX2560.bgl   >   CVX2560.antarctica

FSX-Rootdirectory\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\Scenery\CVX2956.bgl   >   CVX2956.antarctica

FSX-Rootdirectory\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\Scenery\CVX3254.bgl   >   CVX3254.antarctica

FSX-Rootdirectory\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\Scenery\CVX9158.bgl   >   CVX9158.antarctica

FSX-Rootdirectory\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\Scenery\CVX9259.bgl   >   CVX9259.antarctica

Thanks to Frank alias "Kaeptn"

Archived