An enquiry about Orbx Landclasses

AndreaD

During my experiments with P3D2 sceneries I noticed that landclasses are bound to the mesh they found themselves sitting on. It makes sense: you don't want a urban landclass on the side of a mountain, of course.

So the question is: if the landclass products Orbx is going to release is based on Pilot's mesh, should we expect problems if we stick with our standard mesh?

Thank'you very much 

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Land class (LC) and mesh are two very different parts of the ground look for FSX.  The only time they interact is when the slope of the mesh gets steep and then a different texture can show up, one more applicable to steep terrain.  Case in point, when working with the NCA LC I decided to make the white "O" on the side of a plateau near Oroville, CA, my home town.  The side of the plateau is very steep and the grassy side of the hill turned to very green (at least the "O" shows up well).

Your concern however is will there be a problem using stock FSX mesh with the upcoming Pilot's LC, the answer is no, they will work fine together.  Actually I have no issue with stock FSX mesh and plan to stick with it also.  I've added Vector and will add Pilots LC when it is available and be very content.

Cheers, Neil

Edit:  I see Tim beat me to the answer.

Archived