Unable to download FTXGlobal110 successfully

AdamJames

I have purchased the FTX Global 110 from flight sim, but have tried downloading many times unsuccessfully.  The file size is recorded as 4724.95MB each time I download (and I have tried ALL the mirrors), but each time the file for CD2 reports a CRC error when unpacked.  All the others work ok.

I'm using GetRight.  I have tried four times.  Same result each time.  Is the mirrored file corrupt?

Is there somewhere I can just download disk 2?

Regards

Adam

Order Number FSS0260189

2014-01-01

Tries again (this makes four attempts).. All the same result; the mirrored file is corrupt on disk 2.  Only 4723.98MB of 4724.95MB gets downloaded (same every time).  In each case the ZIP file fails with 'CRC failed in OrbxFTXGlobal110.2.  the file is corrupt'.

Is there a way to get disk 2 only as I'm running our of allocated bandwidth.  And time! 

AdamJames

Tries again (this makes four attempts).. All the same result; the mirrored file is corrupt on disk 2.  Only 4723.98MB of 4724.95MB gets downloaded (same every time).  In each case the ZIP file fails with 'CRC failed in OrbxFTXGlobal110.2.  the file is corrupt'.

Is there a way to get disk 2 only as I'm running our of allocated bandwidth.  And time! 

AdamJames

Are you using WinZip or the unzipping utility in Windows? Also are you unzipping (extracting the zip file into a folder?)

Have you made sure the downloaded files have been deleted from your drive?  Somewhere in your Users area they are downloaded until they are all done.  If your download tool sees the file in the temp folder it'll assume you've got it.  That's the usual problem with corrupted files that remain that way.

John,

Thanks for the replies.  I started by using just browser download to get the files.  The VECTOR ZIp  downloaded ok but the FTX Global Base kept failing.  So I bought a copy of GetRight.  I have used this four times now.  Each time it gets to the same figure (about 1MB short of the 4.5GB), then the file fails.

The file is downloaded as one huge ZIP archive 4.5GB in size.  It is always CD2when unzipping the file that has a CRC error.  I have deliberately cleared the cached downloaded segments (User/Appdata/temp directory)  and restarted fresh each download (confirmed by watching the whole file come down again); same result, same internal file in the archive each time.  Each time each mirror responds fine until the last 1MB then all mirror servers fails to respond with 'connected/waiting' as the response.  The bit that seems to be a problem is a segment about 1/4 the way into the file.

I am getting pretty sure that the ZIP file on the mirror is faulty; who do I speak to in support to check this file is actually good (perhaps they could download it and UNZIP)?  Was the file modified recently due to the patch release and this has perhaps introduced the corruption?

Is anyone else reporting the problem or just me?

download links hidden  --- moderators can still see them

I am using WinZip and extracting files into a folder.  Although I tried selecting the OrbxFTXGlobal110.2 file by itself and it failed with the CRC error.  important to note that all the other files extract fine.

If I could just download the OrbxFTXGlobal110.2 file by itself this would solve my problem.

Thanks

Adam

Hello Adam,

Have you contacted or opened a support ticket with the Flightsimstore about this?

Here at the Orbx forums we do not have access or control of the download servers, or anything else related to the delivery system for that matter, we can assist with installation/general running issues only

Cheers

Tim

You also need to consider whether your ISP is just giving you a cached copy of the file each time.  Many if not all ISPs keep a copy of all files they obtain for you, so that if another user requests the file they don't need to pay for the bandwidth again.  To me this sounds like it might be this problem.  I don't know how you'd clear the cache at your ISP if this is the case, I believe most would treat files more than 48 hours old as needing a new version from the source.

Ok ... it seems you are on bigpond

I am downloading the first link, and I am also on bigpond in Australia (using Internet Download Manager)

I doubt there is any issue with the mirror, or we would have had a furore, but at 2Mb/sec I should be able to tell in about 35min.

With regard to general download issues:

1. Cycle the power on your router to get a new WAN IP address (or release / renew)

2. Restart your computer, or

• Clear your browser cache

• flush your dns cache

• make sure you are not using a proxy server for browser of download manager

3. Find the place where Getright stores partial / downloaded files and delete the contents of this folder (this is very important)

They look like this:

post-923-0-86443100-1388908837_thumb.jpg

4. Go again.

Note sometimes the success using a different browser or download manager is simply that you are not using the cached file fragments, rather than the fact that one dl manager is better than another.

Personally, I prefer 7-zip to Winzip for unpacking files, so I would certainly try a different decompression utility.

Further to the above:

The file has downloaded from the first link you posted.

It took approximately 40 minutes (ADSL2+, Telstra) using Internet Download Manager

Unzipped using the 64bit version of 7-zip (9.20)

My conclusion: the files are fine.

Files are fine, I have replied to your query for the second time in the ticket system of FSS now, please follow those instructions and you will be fine. Do not open up FSS related queries on these forums. It just murks the water.

Archived