Tubelining from YSSY>YMML

MR1NFERNO

Tonights flight was a 1hr 10m flight from Sydney Airport to Melbourne's Tullamarine Airport, The aircraft I flew was a Level D Simulations 767-338ER VH-OGD.

This is my first time posting pictures on the forum's community screenshots section so please bear with me as i sort out any quality issues.

I am a avid heavy pilot and love anything with complex systems that create a challenge to fly correctly, I couldn't help notice that most people tend to favour the GA side of aviation so I though I would fill the void. I only ever fly under IFR so i will be referencing RNAV Fixes and SID's and STARS.

I took of from Sydney from 34L tracking a WOL9 Standard Instrument Departure with a take off weight of 326,000lb which is about 75% full for the 767, the 767 rotated at 125 knots with Flaps 20 and thrust derated to 36c.

Posted Image

Tracking Direct to WOL NDB after passing GLF NDB, i hand flew the SID up to 10000ft following the Flight Director Cues with VNAV(vertical navigation) and LNAV(lateral navigation) modes armed with autothrottle engaged to hold FMC referenced speeds, upon passing 10000ft I engaged the autopilot and monitored the autopilot for the rest of the climbout to 35,000ft

Posted Image

VNAV predictions were off by 500ft and I ended up passing WOL at 24,000ft instead of 24,500ft which VNAV had Predicted (80's tech wasnt that good :P)

Posted Image

Beginning the descent into YMML after 30 minutes cruising at FL350 and entered the ARBEY6 STAR with a RNAV34 approach into RW34 due to the winds which were favourable for a 34 landing.

Posted Image

The First Correlation between the NAV display and looking out the window with RW16 coming into sight.

Posted Image

Turning onto finals RW34 with the Melbourne CBD only just coming into view, I was using the localiser for RW16 on a backcourse for lateral reference with the the centerline.

Posted Image

On finals low over the suburbs of Melbourne.

Posted Image

Greased it, with a nice headwind it wasn't too hard.

Posted Image

A short rollout with full reverse thrust and spoilers deployed, with 50,000lb of fuel onboard still.

Thanks for looking feel free to criticise and ask questions, Hopefully more screenies to come and yes I didnt buy YMML, I generally don't fly to Melbourne alot and ive heard of troubles with FPS with the combination of complex procedural sims and YMML so it might wait until a SP, looking forward to YSSY.  ;D

Hi Mr Inferno,

Nice shots mate, there are a few of us here (lurking tubeliner folks) I use the MD80pro and the C130 more recently. The C130 though isn't any more complex than a Cessna, just more of the same really.

I think some guys are moving up, the Mustang is pretty popular and its the GA version of tubeliners.  :D :D

Nice tag by the way... real hot! ;D

Cheers,

Great shots and story MR I. If you want the REAL large airport experience you really must get YMML. It's a bit hard on frames, but your system will handle it quite well. You will get proper approach lighting, signage, fantastic runways/taxiways with correct markings, real airport traffic vehicles and buildings - you can even taxy to your aerobridge and it will extend to meet you ! Melbourne is truely  THE masterpiece of airports for FSX and , as a "tubeliner pilot", something you really should not be missing.  ;D

I loved the shots, mate.

I also agree with Butch and petejohnno, you need YMML. I love that aircraft and have flown the same route as well as YYYS/ YBBN and it's a really stable realistic platform for all of us heavy junkies.

I also just bought the Mustang and it's a nice, complex aircraft with a steep learning curve for the uninitiated, but a joy to fly.

No criticisms, mate, just keep up the good work,

Frank

Nice shots mate but...........you know you flew down the wrong track to Melbourne, going to TARAL, CULIN and in through DOSEL is the oubound from YMML to YSSY ;D ;D, its was like you were driving down the wrong side of the road, haha LOL

If you want the correct real world route for that flight its, SY H65 RAZZI Q29 ML, using the Lizzi 2 Arrival into YMML

The return leg is  ML H129 DOSEL Y59 SY  and Rivet 9 Arrival ;D

I do like the shots though always good to get a pilots prespective ;D

Flukey

Nice shots mate but...........you know you flew down the wrong track to Melbourne, going to TARAL, CULIN and in through DOSEL is the oubound from YMML to YSSY ;D ;D, its was like you were driving down the wrong side of the road, haha LOL

If you want the correct real world route for that flight its, SY H65 RAZZI Q29 ML, using the Lizzi 2 Arrival into YMML

The return leg is  ML H129 DOSEL Y59 SY  and Rivet 9 Arrival ;D

I do like the shots though always good to get a pilots prespective ;D

Flukey

lol um........ its an american plane......

I just generated the flight plan using the default flight planner on high alt airways and entered the waypoints manually, should have visited simroutes.com first.

Nice shots there, although tubeliners are not my thing, I can appreciate the effort that goes into creating and managing a flightplan in one of those things.

Cheers and thanks for posting those,

Archived