Need Global2010?

fly37

Sorry for my ignorance.. i just download Vector, but not installed afer reading the comments that scared me..

I have FSX Global base... but i need also Global2010 from Pilot for the mesh?  was not clear this information..

Have UTX Europe.. it is a problem?

i wait for install after i understand more... and feel more assured!

fly37  Gianni

Remember that Vector was designed to work best with PILOTs FTX Global 2010 mesh.

I bought that mesh ( I had no other, so it was an easy choice) and so far at least don't have any issues to report except the occasional duplicate road in rural China, which I don't think is a mesh issue.

Cheers

could someone make something clear to me as if i am a 3 year old, i have ftx global, then installed ftx vectors which works great btw, all the roads are in the correct location in indiana where i am from, with some missing of course, my question is, if i buy the pilots mesh, will that accurately put buildings in the proper location and show up, in my home town alot of building just don't show up, the courthouse is just a patch of grass in lebanon indiana, i am interested in the mesh if it brings the buildings to life, orbx has done what they promised with there products so far the way i look at it, so i was considering fs genesis or the ftx global mesh from pilots and dont know which one to purchase, thanks for any replies guys and or gals. cheers :-)

could someone make something clear to me as if i am a 3 year old, i have ftx global, then installed ftx vectors which works great btw, all the roads are in the correct location in indiana where i am from, with some missing of course, my question is, if i buy the pilots mesh, will that accurately put buildings in the proper location and show up, in my home town alot of building just don't show up, the courthouse is just a patch of grass in lebanon indiana, i am interested in the mesh if it brings the buildings to life, orbx has done what they promised with there products so far the way i look at it, so i was considering fs genesis or the ftx global mesh from pilots and dont know which one to purchase, thanks for any replies guys and or gals. cheers :-)

Hello Brett,

Mesh only take care of terrain elevation, so they don't put buildings in the right place but instead they put mountains, peaks, cliffs, hills, valleys and plains where they should be. As for the buildings we have to wait for what is called "landclass" and all will be more accurate. Orbx will release the Global openLC (landclasses) in the new year for different areas (starting from Europe I believe).

Ciao

Actually it was answered here...

http://www.orbxsyste...land-free-demo/

QUOTE #1 - Corrected airport elevations (optional install)

My question is... Where can I turn the elevations off??? Although I am assuming it would allow me to turn off lakes and river elevation changes as well as Airports, Lakes and rivers are all hard coded elevations. So I assume if it can be done for airports, it can be done globally for those that cannot buy a Mesh at the moment and when they CAN buy a mesh, turn the corrections back on. See. The issue is... If you do not own a Mesh beyond default FSX, you don't necessarily need the corrected elevations.

QUOTE #2 - Further down the page same thread from JV...

NEW: QUICK FAQ

Q: Do I need to purchase 3rd party mesh?  A: No, at install time you can decide if you want to use the corrected airport elevations or not. If you don't install them you can use the default FSX/P3D mesh. If at some later point you purchase FSGlobal or FSGenesis mesh, simply re-run the installer.

Again... Where do I turn it off. I am sure this is all a misunderstanding and I just don't know where to do that. I watched for the option as I installed but I might have missed it!

Charles.

FSX is made up of 'layers' as is shown in the post just above.

You should be able to install mesh without it affecting vector.

I just flew from S. Korea to Japan on my world tour and though I didn't get to see the previous default, what I *did* see with FTX Global, Vector and FTX 2010 mesh was just superb. Loving it.

To be honest, what I have never understood is the elevation issue. I just can't seem to get my head around why there isn't a mesh (default or other, who cares) and then why other objects, be they airfields, water features, buildings or whatever are not coded simply to be "on the ground". Where else would they be?! Just doesn't make sense to me :)

i use to have fs global 2010 when it came out several years ago, i wonder if there is a difrence between that and the new version,hopefully so because i am gonna buy the download version, i don't even have an optical drive on my gaming pc anymore because i never used it when built my new rig

Archived