R00004 - Grand Canyon/Lake Powell scenery spikes

spud

KGCN has a few spikes in the scenery. (first shot)

East end of Canyon at Lake Powell is a mass of spikes,  (second shot)

Third screen shot is Glenn Canyon Dam with Lake Powell beyond with ORBX!VECTOR unchecked in the FSX Scenery Library.  (Can not un-check the ORBX!VECTOR_AEC file)

The more I look the more anomalies appear.  First time I have experienced so many errors in ORBX scenery.  It just does not seem ready for release IMHO.

post-21-0-90011400-1388192251_thumb.jpg

post-21-0-78434400-1388192268_thumb.jpg

post-21-0-53132200-1388192332_thumb.jpg

I was flying out of Bryce Canyon Airport N37-42.38; W112-08.72 and Cedar City N37°42.06' / W113°5.93'.  Spikes everwhere around Bryce and fewer at Cedar City.  They appear to be autogen related, as they pop up in the distance ahead and to the side and disappear in the rear as you fly away from them.  They cast shadows and are solid.  Also noticed in Cedar City the rural vector roads are fewer than with default FSX.  Guess I'll just fly around the spikes for the time being.  If they were real they would be quite a tourist attraction.

I was flying out of Bryce Canyon Airport N37-42.38; W112-08.72 and Cedar City N37°42.06' / W113°5.93'.  Spikes everwhere around Bryce and fewer at Cedar City.  They appear to be autogen related, as they pop up in the distance ahead and to the side and disappear in the rear as you fly away from them.  They cast shadows and are solid.  Also noticed in Cedar City the rural vector roads are fewer than with default FSX.  Guess I'll just fly around the spikes for the time being.  If they were real they would be quite a tourist attraction.

That's the same area, so these spikes will be fixed with update 1.10.

Bernd

Hi Bernd,

This may help you with additionnal information in the same area. I notice that spikes display when VECTOR is alone. They disappear with FS Global 2010 mesh..but I get then another problem concerning river's elevation. Some pictures to explain.

Vector alone:

POWELL_Vector.jpg

Vector + FS Global 2010:

POWEL_FSG2010Vector.jpg

FS Global 2010 alone:

POWELL_FSG2010.jpg

Concerning rivers added by VECTOR that make deep canyons into the ground, I think the problem comes from the polygon tags. Hydro_Polygons_Generic_River_Perennial has an elevation at zero by default. Elevation can be changed to the right value if available or change the tag to Legacy_LandWaterMask_Water_NoFlatten

Archived