This is Becoming more and more difficult,,,

Beaufighter

Hi

Bought P3D V2, recently, want very much to buy FTX Global...now I learned about Vector...

When i look at the photos I see FS Global base+Global Vector+FS Global mesh anda read something about Open lc...wich means a lot to spend.

Question: will P3D and FSX "look" good with Global and vector or you need FS Global mesh and the LC.??? Any ideas? is it possible to buy them one by one as possible and instal when available?

No problema with this? Too many temptations, too short to buy all of them. Wich one or ones do you recomend? in wich order?

Thanks, Best regards

It's possible to buy them one by one but you should start with FTX Global with is the base of it all. Vector and OpenLC are no good without FTXGlobal but FTXGlobal on its own is nice already. So you might want to start with that one and if sometime in the future you think you are missing something, you have to find out what exactly you are missing and then buy the appropriate addon!

Another option is to go the FTX regions way: they offer everything FTXG+Vector+OpenLC offer plus a lot more (and in higher quality too) in one package but (obviously) not globally!

Anyway, there is no need to buy everything right now at once. Start with one addon and slowly build upon it when you feel like it.

Problem solved. Talked yesterday with a Portuguese Fellow Simmer who bought global and vector for FSX use. He likes global the scenery thing, but had to uninstall UTX. Told me much better coast lines with UTX. About Vector, he told me that Lisbon and his surrounds are an utterly mess. Terribly, bad bad.  Big rocky islands that don't exist, missing river islands near alverca airport, lakes by the airport, duplicated lisbon bridges, and lots and lots of other things. He doesn't own P3D, .

Told him to post photos on proper forum. He's an old Airline Captain, very rigorous stuborn person and is quite mad about this....didn't want to see more and removed Vector.

As for me I will keep my old FSX with UTX, Gex and REX. and will hope that P3D that I bough recently to be improved. And will wait for news of improvement...

• 3 weeks later...

Problem solved. Talked yesterday with a Portuguese Fellow Simmer who bought global and vector for FSX use. He likes global the scenery thing, but had to uninstall UTX. Told me much better coast lines with UTX. About Vector, he told me that Lisbon and his surrounds are an utterly mess. Terribly, bad bad.  Big rocky islands that don't exist, missing river islands near alverca airport, lakes by the airport, duplicated lisbon bridges, and lots and lots of other things. He doesn't own P3D, .

Told him to post photos on proper forum. He's an old Airline Captain, very rigorous stuborn person and is quite mad about this....didn't want to see more and removed Vector.

As for me I will keep my old FSX with UTX, Gex and REX. and will hope that P3D that I bough recently to be improved. And will wait for news of improvement...

I just bought Vector and also verify those weird white islands and the duplicated bridges at lisbon.

I'm using Vector with UTX landclass only and for now that's what I could spot. I will post some screens.

edit: well, I just found those bugs reported with screenshots. For 45eur, I believe it was a bad investment... at least for now... ???

best regards,

And FTX Global and Vector are ......well....they are global.

They have improved the visuals of my flightsimming 1000% and luckily I had not come across any of those issues.......

Roy

You sir are so correct that I would buy you a beer right now. Global - this is huge workload. And huge improvement.

You sir are so correct that I would buy you a beer right now. Global - this is huge workload. And huge improvement.

Indeed. I share your opinions.

This is a global terrain enhancement with the stamp of Orbx which, for me, is the reference in global scenery.

As I'm a UTX user I compared the products, and Vector needs some polishing work in some regions.

I'm sure, and I read the post, that vers.1.1 will be a totally new program with many improvments and bugs fixed.

In time, Vector and OpenLC will dismiss the use of the UTX regions.

Until version 1.1, I think the interin use of Vector and UTX (landclass only) is not yet quite acceptable.

Best regards ;)

Archived