Error and a great reply by developers

cpspok

Ok every one this has been posted in other section and i have had them say they fixed it and it will be in the first patch so they are reading and working hard to fix the bugs so keep posting the screen shots .

Ill put the link to my thread where you can see the error and there reply to give all hope and help relax people knowing there fast at work fixing things...

Scroll down to where i posted a pic you can't miss it lol but read everything after that 

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/70494-vector-screen-shots-please/

I have the full FSGenesis set of 19m & 38m mesh for FSX which I have been using with FTX Global and now with Vector and other ORBX products. I cannot comment if Genesis mesh causes any issues with Vector in a wider sense because have only done a couple of flights so far and everything seems OK. Having said that if the mesh worked well with Global I see no reason why it wouldn't with Vector. The only Genesis mesh where I have found some serious elevation/spikes issues is the 19m South America mesh but they occurred mainly in mountainous areas with no airports nearby. The US and European mesh seems to work very well. FSGlobal owners claim that their mesh is more accurate and more extensive than Genesis and perhaps in the new year I may buy to test it with Global and Vector.

Regards

the one question i need answered though i can't get answered lol and that is FSGenesis would that work for mesh instead of buying the Pilots one at $92 bucks ? 

Be careful with FSGenesis Mesh, Their descriptions can be deceiving. Read carefully what the area covers, and what the LOD is, and where the source data came from. Their World Mesh does not cover the whole world,(ie North America), and it is of a lower LOD. They have Europe and Asia broken down by individual country in their latest NextMap series, and I found it to be a mess with a lot of issues. It was put out when the former owner was having financial problems, and he was cranking it out quickly without much quality control to try and make a quick buck. I have all the FSGenesis mesh, and I was satisified with it to an extent.

I switched to the Pilots Ultimate series, and I am very pleased with it. I find it to be of much higher quality. You really do get what you pay for in the long run. If you went with the cheap FSGenesis mesh, you will probably find that it will not be complete, and you will need to buy more, and in the end you will have shelled out as much as what the Pilots mesh would have cost you in the first place.

Bill

i didnt get it i may get the global mesh 2010 after all i did get scenery tech and wow that worked nicely and looks great with ftxglobal

I have all of the Scenery tech LC series, and I agree it does look nice with FTXGlobal. It will at least hold me over until each of the OpenLC areas are completed!

Bill

I used both the FSPilot mesh and the FSGenesis mesh (not at the same time, of course). I uninstalled FSGlobal quickly after having seen what it did to the area around Florence/Italy - so many elevation issues...

I am flying with FSGenesis since.

I used both the FSPilot mesh and the FSGenesis mesh (not at the same time, of course). I uninstalled FSGlobal quickly after having seen what it did to the area around Florence/Italy - so many elevation issues...

I am flying with FSGenesis since.

Didn't notice any elevation issue with the FS Global mesh around Florence in Italy. What area exactly? Near to the airport? I will go and look better.

Thanks. Ciao

They are to the south of the airport, as far as I remeber, huge plateaus (not high, but huge), like table mountains. This has happened two years ago, so my memory might be seriously flawed :-)

All seems good to me with FS Global 2010 south of Florence airport.

post-30652-0-25213400-1388247442_thumb.j

post-30652-0-01969700-1388247445_thumb.j

post-30652-0-83407300-1388247447_thumb.j

Andy ,

Are you running a landclass program i notice the 3rd picture has road going right through the building that drives me crazy seeing that . Since i installed a landclass i dont see much of that at all no more.

Andy ,

Are you running a landclass program i notice the 3rd picture has road going right through the building that drives me crazy seeing that . Since i installed a landclass i dont see much of that at all no more.

It's UTX what you see, Vector not installed yet. I will try with the Scenery Tech landclass and Vector and post the result here.

Ciao

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

i fell in love with scenery tech but again i only bought 1 region as im waiting for orbx to release there opencl which N. America is the first one there releasing so that benefits me as i live there. 

Don't think that is correct: Europe will be the first OpenLC to be released, N America the second.  Check JV's development rollout plan in the General Forum.

Archived