Question regarding Carenado's FSX models

warwickm

Question for the brains trust  ;)

I currently own the Carenado 182 (both models) in their FS 2004 (patched for FSX) guise.

As you may know they have re-released them as specific FSX models

In your opinion does the jump in quality to FSX standard justify buying them again? ???

Would like your views as am finding it hard to justify the upgrade

Thanks

Warwick

Warwick,

The clearest thing I can say is that the Carenado 182RG and 182Q in FSX, whilst being released not too long ago, are not quite up to the texture and modelling quality of the 152 and the newly released 172N.   (Carenado are branding the 152 and 172 as 'next generation'.   8)

They're still really nice though - and I reckon perform better in FSX.   You just may not see a huge difference visually, in terms of sound or flight model.

So it comes down to priority and cost - given that Carenado add-ons are really good value for money, I personally would recommend getting the FSX-specific versions, even if just to replace your port/patched versions with native FSX models.  (It's healthier for FSX!).

Cheers,

David.

In your opinion does the jump in quality to FSX standard justify buying them again? ???

Would like your views as am finding it hard to justify the upgrade

For me, the Carenado aircraft are what I spend 90% of my time in, so it was a given that I would get them.  I found enough of an improvement to justify the "relatively" low cost given my currently tight budget.

Cheers,

Thanks for your views guys. Much appreciated

On balance you are right getting the dedicted fsx models makes a great deal of sense.

Seeing as, like maxter, I spend a lot of time in my cessna's

Not to mention being able to get the HDVC that Russ White made  ;D

Regards

Warwick

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah with the New Carenado 152 and 172N they have changed the textures so that your EXREMELY limited in what you can do, they both incorporate 'Mirrored' Textures for the fuselages which can be a real pain when repainting and the fuselage section of the image is larger. Personally I think that Carenado is insane for making that their textures are mirrored!(great planes, bad textures)

Archived