Landclass issues in the Canberra region after installation of Canberra cityscape + Aust SP4 003 update

Baltique

Hello Everybody,

I have been a long time user of Orbx/FTX products but this is the first time I have found something that might be an issue with one of your products. I enjoy doing sim flights around your various Australian scenery areas, and as I used to live in Canberra, I particularly like flying around the mountains to the south and south-west of Canberra (Brindabella Ranges, Namadgi National Park, Kosciusko National Park etc.). Up until this week I used your full Australian DVD SP4 002 scenery and the Canberra airport scenery – and these mountain areas around Canberra were correctly shown as being covered mostly in forest with autogen eucalyptus trees. This week I installed both your new Canberra cityscape scenery and also the Australia SP4 003 update. Unfortunately, after these updates I noticed that the landclass for the hills around the Canberra region has changed a lot – and there are now large areas of farmland tiles and autogen farm buildings in many areas that in reality should be wilderness and forest. I will post some screenshots below of what I mean – and I guess I would like to find out if the landclass has really been changed with either the cityscape or SP4 003 patch and everybody’s updated installations look like this (in which case this change is an error), or whether something has gone wrong with my various installations – and these changes are due to something being corrupted??

TkDZd.jpg

In this first image I am situated above, and just to the north of the Tidbinbilla Range to the south-west of Canberra. The mountains beneath me are the Tidbinbilla Range, with the lake in the foreground to the right of the image being Bendora Dam, and the lake in the background to the right of the image being Corin Dam. In reality the Tidbinbilla Range, the areas around the two lakes, and the Brindabella mountains to the west (right of the image) of the lakes are all eucalyptus forest, with no farmland or farm buildings at all. Prior to the installation of the Canberra cityscape and the SP4 003 patch – this area was all correctly shown as being covered in forest, but since these installations – there are huge areas of incorrect farmland being shown??

xoEed.jpg

In this second image, which is an aerial view, Canberra city is located in the top right of the image, the river that can be seen is the Murrumbidgee River, and the three lakes in the center of the image are Cotter Dam, Bendora Dam and Corin Dam respectively from top to bottom. Once again it is possible to see the large areas of farmland tiles / landclass surrounding in particular Bendora and Corin Dam that should all be eucalyptus forest (and were so prior to the recent installations/updates I did??).

Could someone please let me know what might be the problem here (bad installation, or real errors in landclass that was updated either in Canberra cityscape or Australia SP4 003 update?).

Thanks a lot in advance!

Carl

FSS0251599 - Canberra city scape

FSS0094273 - Canberra airport

Australia all regions - on a DVD somewhere in the mess that is my study....

Something's messed up in your install, I have correct landclass all the way across the Brindabellas to Tumut and beyond.

Suggest you uninstall Cityscape, re-install AU SP4, and the updates, then run the ORBXLibs latest version, and confirm you have correct landclass across the mountains.  If so, re-install the Cityscape.

Before you do that, make sure you have FTX Central set to Default or Global.  I'm suspecting your region wasn't set correctly at some stage :-)

Hi Baltique, YSCB airport and Canberra cityscape has nothing to do with the landclass scenery, they're both photoreal that takes priority respect the surrounding AU Blue scenery. From the image you posted the installation of these two products seems to be ok, maybe it's with the update patch for Australia that something went wrong.

Remember, before to install a patch for a region, or an airport or a scenery that belong to a specific region, to set FTX central to the proper region, in this case Australia or Oceania.

I would try to reinstall the patch for Australia, remembering to apply the region in FTX central after the update.

Let us know if you succeeded in fixing the issue.

Hello John and Maurizio,

Thanks a lot for your replies. If John is getting correct landclass in these areas, and the Canberra Cityscape scenery does not modify the landclass - it definitely sounds then that something has gone wrong during the Australia SP4 003 update I just did. Maybe I did not have the correct region set before the update.

Of course, being Christmas, I am away from my flight sim computer, but once I get back home I will use your various suggestions about reinstalling the patch, or if that does not work, reinstalling Australia SP4 and its various updates from scratch to see of this fixes up the problem. I will keep you posted as to if this works.

Thanks again for your replies and suggestions!

Carl

FSS0251599 - Canberra city scape

FSS0094273 - Canberra airport

Australia all regions - on a DVD somewhere in the mess that is my study....

Hi Baltique, yes, both YSCB airport and Canberra cityscape don't modify at all the landclass of AU Blue, just you have the photoreal terrain above with his custom autogen, i think too that something went wrong with the patch, but after reinstalling it, everything should work fine again. Please note also that the area where you have the worng landclass is outside the cityscape coverage and obviously also outside YSCB airport coverage :)

Just a final update on this issue. I reinstalled the Australia SP4 003 patch, making sure to have selected the Oceania region, and then the latert library, and my landclass in the areas around Canberra has returned to normal. Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers

Carl

Archived