AI Aircraft Incorrect Positions Melbourne (YMML) [VOXATC Add-on]

r221979

Hello,

I recently purchased ORBX Melbourne (YMML) V2.

Everything works except for the AI aircraft which are positioned incorrectly all around the airport. Most of the aircraft are stuck in the aircraft terminal buildings and when taxing they pass straight through buildings and continue off to one side of the taxi way.

I tried downloading and installing the latest object library, but this made no difference.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

Is there a solution or fix for it?

Many thanks.

This sounds as though you have another APX (AFCAD) file for YMML on your system which is overriding the correct one. Do you have one of the commercial AI Traffic packages installed as well as the FTX AI traffic package? If so, you will need to locate the extra APX file for YMML and disable it. 

Hi Graham,

Thank you for your reply.

In answer to your question - no there is no commercial AI packages installed. I only use FSX in the Australian regions.

The FSX Default Traffic is disabled.

Packages Installed:

FTX: Australia SP4 installed

Orbx Traffic Pack 4.0

FTX: AU YMML Melbourne International v2

There are also a couple of GA freeware airports installed around VIC

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Graham.

YMML Order Number: FSS0250916

Hi Graham,

Yes - I will be happy to post the screen shot, but I can't figure out how to upload images on this forum (I wanted to include some screen shots with my original post).

Can you please give me some guidance how to upload images?

Thanks Graham.

Hello again. No luck I`m afraid. I tried turning off every thing I can, the only things checked now are:

FTXAA_YMML

Propeller Objects

Global, Generic& Vehicle Libraries

All the Base selections

Default Scenery

Default Terrain

zwm8X.jpg

1T2UR.jpg

ELsZD.jpg

8m4x.jpg

It is possible that the rogue APX could be the FSX default one for YMML. Can you check your YMML Scenery folder (Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YMML\Scenery) and ensure one of the two APX files is active. The file names are ORBX_YMML_APX.bgl and ORBX_YMML_APX_Single_Runway.bgl. One of these two files should have a .OFF trailer while the other should be without. If they both have the .OFF trailer then you will need to remove that part of the file name from one of them for it to be active.

TrafficX has it's own APX file and would produce the situation you are showing in your screenshots. You need to check that it definitely is not installed. It just looks too coincidental to me. Can you have a look at one of the larger overseas airports and see if you have any AI traffic there. If so then it would indicate you have TrafficX active.

Your file structure for YMML looks fine so with no other APX overriding the FTX one, you should see all your AI aircraft parked correctly at the airport.    

Hi Graham,

I use a dedicated PC to run flightsimX. I recently did a complete re-install of everything in November, but TrafficX was not part of the new install and has not been installed since.

Here is a list of what is installed:

Win7 Home Edition

FSX Gold Edition (Plus all service packs)

PMDG 737 (Plus all service packs)

FS2Crew

Carenado PA34

VOX ATC

OPUS Live weather

REX Environment (On a networked PC)

FTX Australia all regions

ORBX Traffic

ORBX YMML

ORBX Launceston

JustFlight R44

Flight1 Helitraffic

FSUIPC4

The GA Airports listed previously

When doing a test flight from Gatwick UK there are no other AI aircraft visible so I would assume only ORBX traffic is available.

I'm not familiar with any of those products you have installed but I do know that the FTX YMML APX is not being used by your system. Something else is overriding it and I can only assume it is one of those other packages.

Could you please provide a screenshot of the first part of your FSX.cfg file showing the [MAIN] entries and I will see if there are any clues there.

Nothing seems to be out of order there. I must admit I am running out of ideas. Perhaps you could download and install Airport Scanner from ScruffyDuck Scenery and see if that finds the rogue APX.

You can download it from here. http://www.scruffyduck.org.uk/filemanager/navega.php?PHPSESSID=e6eb33c41c985e4611105ab6e6a13f97&dir=.%2FFSX%20Airport%20Scanner%2FCurrent%20Version

Graham,

Thank you for your time and suggestions . I will try the scanner and if that does not work I guess I will remove the ORBX YMML and archive it for the time being. Maybe some one will come up with a solution? Its a shame as the airport is modelled well, but the AI problem removes the realism effect somewhat. 

On the subject of AI - thank you (and the other contributing developers) for ORBX Traffic, your efforts are most appreciated.

Thanks for the suggestion Ian - I will try the search.

Ian searching the file directories YMML is all ORBX related.

capt sl: The default YMML works fine (as shown below). All aircraft park in their correct spots and taxi correctly down the yellow marker lines. As previously mentioned I will be going back to using the default YMML for now.

zeABU.jpg

hmm that is very odd  as to.why it would do that then

do u have the corresponding region(au blue)  or ftx australia

although i cant remember if having only ymml without region would affect ai parking etc.

perhaps someone can verify

it be a  shame if u have to resort back to default

capt sl: I originally purchased region (au blue)  and recently bougt ftx australia with YMML.

Graham: Out of interest could anything in the original region (au blue) affect the APX? I tried switching to single runway operation wuthout success:

hD0C.jpg

There is nothing in the original AU Blue region that would affect the YMML APX besides, I note in one of your earlier screenshots of your Scenery Library, you had disabled all the files from AU Blue anyway.

As I see it, there are only two more things I can suggest. When you played with the Scenery Library you deselected everything except Propeller Objects and Global, Generic and Vehicle Libraries. Perhaps deselect those two and see what happens.

The other option is to download and install Airport Scanner from ScruffyDuck Scenery I referred to earlier as that should identify any duplicated APX files on your system.

You should note the aircraft parked in your last screenshot are essentially in the same position as when parked at the default YMML so it is clear the FTX YMML APX is not being read.

This might be a bit off the wall but it looks like things are desperate.

If you have ADE (if not then install it - it's free) do a search for YMML - you never know - there may be another file which is not obvious to a file search.

Graham,

RE: As I see it, there are only two more things I can suggest. When you played with the Scenery Library you deselected everything except Propeller Objects and Global, Generic and Vehicle Libraries. Perhaps deselect those two and see what happens.

Propeller Objects and Global, Generic and Vehicle Libraries - Both give the message: Object is required and can not be turned off

RE: SAS Scan. The scan found no duplicates:

awGzO.jpg

grayay: Thanks for suggestion - nothing there either:

CmSuv.jpg

GOOD NEWS - To all who have been following this thread I finally found the cause of the problem.

Reading a forum about another AI addon it mentioned about compiling BGL files which reminded me that there is an indexer in VoxATC (which I thought was only for adding new aircraft). I ran the indexer and now ORBX YMML AI works perfectly.

Thanks for all who contributed comments (especially Graham Eccleston for his perseverance).

I hope this helps anyone else who runs into this problem.

The VoxATC Indexer:

p8cx1.jpg

ORBX YMML now working:

eHxpt.jpg

Archived