how to install Australia scenery and not mess it up

mikegust

I just bought Australia scenery but I already have global and all the Western United States installed.

I also have Tasmanian demo installed

I don't have "default" in Central

I have global

I set global as active with all the boxes unchecked and then installed Australia.
After finishing installation I activated Australia and went to FSX - it started looking like this in the area off 1U7.
1U7_1.jpg

1U7_2.jpg

1U7_3.jpg

The same thing happened when I installed Alaska and I had to reinstall everything to clean it up (@#$%^&*())

So I switched off to FSX an activated global and I tried again - looks the same.
then I activated North America  - it looks the same.
Textures are switching, what supposed to be water is land, and it's switching.

I rebuild indexes of the scenery and installed newest libraries

In the area off YTYH there is a water that follows me underneath the aircraft

the texture switches to water textures when I am over it

watt1.jpg

watt2.jpg

watt3.jpg

please help

TH

mike

Order Number: FSS0250491
Order Date: 2013-12-14

[ORB-000] Orbx - FTX: Australia SP4 Download

If it was me Mike , I would start from scratch . Get AUSP04 up and running then proceed with installing the NA region's . Make sure to install the most current ORBXLIBS 131027

after each region has been installed . Reboot your rig and go fly and test each region . Then if everything is good , install FTXG . Hopefull someone from the support team will

chime in soon .

Brad

TH Brad

This is my point.

How can I install new area like I did with Australia and Alaska and not to be forced to uninstall and reinstall everything

that seems to be impossible concept, that one has to start  over at time of purchasing new area,but that's what happened to me twice, there must be a way of doing it properly without having to reinstall the whole system.

It takes a day or more and I don't have that kind of time.
If I get a software, I just want to install and fly, not tinker with it for hours and hours
THERE IS NO "READ ME" file (!(*&^%$#&^%#&*)

Mike

Mike my humble advise would be now to just wait until support staff respond to your question's . I have been where you are many times and sometimes you

just have to step away and clear your head . Life is to short to sweat the little things .

Brad

Just a quick one to see if it makes any difference (I haven't ever had any problems like yours ever so it's hard to know what the cause is):

In FTX Central is a tool to validate scenery.cfg and another to validate region files.  Maybe check those?

Also, I don't know if this duplicates the above, but in the FSX\ORBX folder under Scripts you'll find FTX Configurator.exe.  Run that file as well (there's no confirmation message it just happens silently).

After the above, see if anything has improved.

Some suggest that the default Microsoft path for FSX can cause problems... is yours set up in the Program Files (x86) folder?

Archived