Ketchikan Intl and Stewart airport start flight at runway only

ricky1088

Hello,

Ketchikan Intl and Stewart airport can only start flight at runway, In the case of Ketchikan,(PAKT)  FSX only give 4 runways heading to choose, 1, 11 ,2, and heading 29, that's all

and Stewart airport (CZST) 1 , 18,  2, 3, and heading 36.  have my install gone wrong somewhere?. I want to start flight at airport  fuel box or parking bay not at the runway.

This is what I do after the install of both scenery. installed PFJ patch  and run latest scenery library. Took a test flight at both beautiful impressive airport and don't

suspect anything wrong,  only FSX didn't give choice to start flight at airport. Is it only me or I have miss a step.

ricky1088

Ketchikan is tricky, I suppose as it is a "3-dimensional" apron. My workaround was to taxi manually to 3 positions on the airport (jet gate, big GA, small GA), store flights there and start from these situations. Of course you have to change planes & navigation after starting such a flight then.

Anyone with a better solution?

Hi Gerold,

So your  saying FSX also starts you at the runway, that is a firm assurance to me  that my install is correct, I just took another test flight within Ketchikan ,

everythings seem perfect and blend in nicely especially the snow cap at the top of the mountain, great scenery by ORBX, Thanks to the Teams,

Also  Thanks for the great tip .Really, After a break  of more than 5 years doing other thing , I am now back to face the computer screen again, seem to have forgotten

completely about this tip.   Hope other members can fill in the answer for Stewart (CZST) as well.

ricky1088

CZST has 3 parking locations, one of them in a hangar.  You see them as 1, 2 and 3.  18 and 36 are the runways.  Similarly, PAKT has two (one at a gate, the other in the GA parking area on the lowest level), labeled 1 and 2 with 11 and 29 being the runways.

As I understand it, this has to do with the way both airports were implemented with elevated base terrain.  Standard FSX parking doesn't work due to this.

Try 1, 2 and 3 at Stewart and 1 and 2 at Ketchikan.  They work fine.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Really, Thanks a lot for the great tip , as this is the first  time I own such a nice airport in the NA region, I am taken in by surprise that

1, 2 and 3 at stewart are parking location and  1 and 2 for PAKT as well. Thought  they are all runways.

and to Gerold, Thanks again for your  help.

To moderator , This issue is resolved and kindly mark thread as answered.

Thank you ,   ricky1088

CZST has 3 parking locations, one of them in a hangar.  You see them as 1, 2 and 3.  18 and 36 are the runways.  Similarly, PAKT has two (one at a gate, the other in the GA parking area on the lowest level), labeled 1 and 2 with 11 and 29 being the runways.

As I understand it, this has to do with the way both airports were implemented with elevated base terrain.  Standard FSX parking doesn't work due to this.

Try 1, 2 and 3 at Stewart and 1 and 2 at Ketchikan.  They work fine.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Thanks Scott, I will try it next time I am over in virtual Alaska!

Archived