how to get help [terrain cfg has no landclasses section]

cobra57

Edit your Screenshot- For the most part, this is an optional step. Some people use editing software such as GIMP or Photoshop to add effects to their screenshots and/or edit the colors to make them look better. Even if you would like to leave the picture "Raw", which means unedited, you will want to change the picture to a smaller file. By default FSX saves the picture as a .BMP, which is a very large picture file. We want to make it take up less space and be more easy to upload, so we should change them to a smaller file such as a .JPG (JPEG) or .PNG file. To do this, right click on the picture of your choice and then click "Edit". This will open up paint. Go to File>Save as..., and in the drop-down box pick .PNG (You may also choose Jpeg or a comparable file). If you like, re-title the picture in the box. Then, click save. Exit out of paint. At this point, you should have two copies of your screenshot, one saved as a BMP and one as a PNG or JPEG. Delete the BMP copy as you don't need it anymore.

Welll, that did not work. But the good news I think we are in the right place. When I look at  C;programdata/microsoft/FSX/senerycache  it is empty. I try the delete it and then cycle orbx centre and it did load a new senery cache file but it to was empty. I try downloading the file above into this file but still no go. So I think orbx is not finding the right file content to load here........?

Welll, that did not work. But the good news I think we are in the right place. When I look at C;programdata/microsoft/FSX/senerycache it is empty. I try the delete it and then cycle orbx centre and it did load a new senery cache file but it to was empty. I try downloading the file above into this file but still no go. So I think orbx is not finding the right file content to load here........?

Hi, I guess your troubles are due to a problem of rights in the directory where you install fsx. Terrain.cfg is in the same directory that FSX.exe, not in programdata. Please find it and see inside if you find orbx's lines at the end of files

Hi there,

I'm not 100% sure how the FSX scenery cache is used (there's an option in the scenery library menu to empty it on exit) but I believe it only has to do with scenery files on external drives and is a dormant relic of older versions of FS. In any case my SceneryCache folder is always empty as well so that's not an indication of an issue. 

The "terrain cfg has no [ landclasses] section" should have been fixed by replacing terrain.cfg. Can you list the exact steps you took for that?

Cheers, Holger

Archived