A cheap but surprisingly powerful rig

Benny

Hi, my old E50?? 2.5G and aging ATI 3600 GPU (second rig for doing normal stuff) was getting on my nerve lately.. An HD full of crap and so on. Went to my beloved computer store and ask for a a best buck vs power CPU - MB - RAM (i had 2 new SSD doing nothing in my FSX rig). A small case (not much room).

For less then 320$ CAD I got that

-AMD A 10-5800K (black edition) clocked at 4.2Ghz , on top it feature a on board GPU 7660D, so I said by to the 3600 (115$)

CP-327-AM_59627_350.jpg

-An Asus F2a55-M Micro ATX (FM2)   (69$)

F2A55-M_line-01_615.jpg

- Kingston 8 GB 1600 DDR3 ram (60$)

n4P4acAs58_kingston-hyperx-memoria-ddr3-

- A very small nice ventilated case the size of the MB including a 450W PS (69$)

I installed a clean win 7 64

When finish I couldn't believed the loading time... what, 10-15 sec. App load in no time like I have never seen. I had a spare 27 in and a 23 HP in full 3840 X 1080.

Now I feel like (for fun) installing FSX, one region and one airport to compare to my FSX rig.

Just saying that it for sure can be an above average rig even for FSX.

More to come

Ben

Hi, my old E50?? 2.5G and aging ATI 3600 GPU (second rig for doing normal stuff) was getting on my nerve lately.. An HD full of crap and so on. Went to my beloved computer store and ask for a a best buck vs power CPU - MB - RAM (i had 2 new SSD doing nothing in my FSX rig). A small case (not much room).

For less then 320$ CAD I got that

-AMD A 10-5800K (black edition) clocked at 4.2Ghz , on top it feature a on board GPU 7660D, so I said by to the 3600 (115$)

-An Asus F2a55-M Micro ATX (FM2)   (69$)

- Kingston 8 GB 1600 DDR3 ram (60$)

- A very small nice ventilated case the size of the MB including a 450W PS (69$)

I installed a clean win 7 64

When finish I couldn't believed the loading time... what, 10-15 sec. App load in no time like I have never seen. I had a spare 27 in and a 23 HP in full 3840 X 1080.

Now I feel like (for fun) installing FSX, one region and one airport to compare to my FSX rig.

Just saying that it for sure can be an above average rig even for FSX.

More to come

Ben

Well, I didn't have time to install FSX but I can tell you that I have Corel Video Studio Pro X6 on both rig and so far... it run a bit faster on the new rig. But that is a bit normal because the SSD help for sure in video edition.

I was an AMD fan before I got the I7 2-3 years ago, I always thought that you had way more bang for your money and I still think it's the case.

Ben

Archived