Question about scenery.cfg

skywreck

When I choose a specific area such as South Alaska, FTX Central adds to the scenery.cfg file entries for the other regions as well. This means I then have to edit the scenery.cfg to remove those entries not applicable to my route. Loading areas outside the flight route will in most cases result in reduced Sim performance. I always aim to load only the required entries for the flight. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks

Hi Joaquin,

when set to anything other than Default (and assuming FTX Global isn't installed) FTX Central adds all entries it finds in the scenerylib_[...].cfg files in the \ORBX\Scripts folder. If you feel the need to manage your scenery.cfg entries differently then you can manipulate it by moving the unwanted .cfg files into a separate holding folder prior to running FTX Central.

Cheers, Holger

When I choose a specific area such as South Alaska, FTX Central adds to the scenery.cfg file entries for the other regions as well. This means I then have to edit the scenery.cfg to remove those entries not applicable to my route. Loading areas outside the flight route will in most cases result in reduced Sim performance. I always aim to load only the required entries for the flight. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks

Hi Joaquin,

when set to anything other than Default (and assuming FTX Global isn't installed) FTX Central adds all entries it finds in the scenerylib_[...].cfg files in the \ORBX\Scripts folder. If you feel the need to manage your scenery.cfg entries differently then you can manipulate it by moving the unwanted .cfg files into a separate holding folder prior to running FTX Central.

Cheers, Holger

Because I like to organize my scenery.cfg the way I like I had the same "problem". Excellent question Joaquin and great answer Holger! :)

Archived