Vector Road lights always on?

Double J

When just using FTX Global you have the option of turning them off but now that I installed NRM they are always on. Is there a way to turn them off?

I don't see the difference on my machine so I would rather not lose the FPS.

I can uncheck the box but after you hit apply it checks the box automatically.

Why is the check box there for the lights if you cannot uncheck it?

If it's "obvious" why isn't that info in the instructions?

I dont know "if its obvious" ??

The fact is that the shortcuts, will(should) show up, on your desktop, by defalt (when you install NRM or other Regions). 

And also in Windows>Start>All Programs>ORBX.

Henrik

Is that switcher only meant for regions? Or does it also work with FTX Global? I know you can set Vector lights of using FTX Central but I am using P3D 2.0 and in foggy situations I still see strange odd 'lights' everywhere. Maybe I can get rid of those when I use that Day switcher...?

If You don't have theese.: FTXLights_Day (Program) and FTXLights_Nigth(Program) in Scripts, there must be something wrong. I'd say.

Henrik

Thanks for your help.

They were in the scripts but not on my desktop. This was the first region I have ever purchased after FTX Global so how was someone supposed to know there was supposed to be two shortcuts on the desktop? It's not listed anywhere in any manual, the only extra icon that appeared was an extra FTX Global in FTX Central which was removed by reinstalling the library.

Perhaps a note should be added in the manual or a sticky somewhere.

Hi Double J,

good point about the lack of documentation, our apologies for the confusion. The Day/Night switchers were added later than the initial release of NRM (and then delivered to all regions via an Orbx Libraries update) and thus are not in the older manuals while the newer regions (SAK, NZNI, etc.) explain the switches in their respective manuals. Not sure how to best provide this information in a manner that's easy to find for new customers but something worth thinking about.

On the other hand the Day/Night switchers will be obsolete by next year as we transition all FTX regions to the Global night lighting system, which has much less impact on fps and thus doesn't require those external on/off switches.

Cheers, Holger

Archived