Error message while attempting to launch PNW

blee3874

I just purchased ORBX PNW from the FlightSim Store yesterday, order number FSS0245836. I am running windows 8.1 on a high end gaming Alien Aurora computer. I downloaded the software and unzipped per instructions. Once Flight Central comes up and I select North America and then select Apply, I get the following FTX Central error message:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not find a part of the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\default.xml"

If I select continue, the computer goes into an endless loop and will not stop unless I use task manager to turn off the program. I have tried reloading the files with no luck. I can launch FSX but it is clear it is still using the default graphics even though North America is checked when FTX Central comes back up. Please assist in resolving this error.

Archived