No improvement?

Arie

I'm trying out ftx global with the iceland demo, but now that I've got it all installed, I can hardly see any difference. It looks pretty much like it did before and it doesn't look like it does on your screenshots at all (http://www.fullterrain.com/product_ftxgiceland.html). Why is that? Any ideas?

I've enabled ftx in the fsx's scenery tab and I've got quite high values for the scenery setting:

Level of detail radius: large

Mesh complexity: 75

Mesh resolution: 5m

Texture resolution: 30cm

Water effects: high 2.x

land detail textures: on

Scenery complexity: very dense

Autogen complexity: very dense

special effect detail: high

It appeared that i had entered the wrong screen resolution in fsx, so entering the right resolution already improved it a lot. This is a screenshot of mine:

nd1iw.pngIt looks a lot better than before now.

Would this be a normal screenshot or do you think there's still something wrong with my set up?

Thanks in advance!

From your screenshots I would say that what you are seeing is correct, however your textures are very blurry and dull. What are your computer specifications? Particularly your processor and graphics card.

Turn your water setting down to Mid 2X to ease the load on your system and make sure your texture resolution slider is all the way up. The blurry textures typically occur when there is too much stress on your computer and it cannot load the textures properly in time.

That could really well be the case. I've got an i3 at 2,4gHz, which isn't really good. I bet it's time for a new computer.

Just to clear things up, hit the pause button and let the graphics catch up when its at its sharpest then take another screen shot. Try to get the imediate airport area in the shot as this will be easily recognised.

Cheers

Archived