SAK, PNW airports elevation problem.

olderndirt

First noticed the problem at Juneau (SAK) so disconnected UTAK, reran Holger's fix and uninstalled FSG Alaska mesh - no change.  Then noticed a similar problem at Lopez Island airport (PNW) so it's not isolated to a single scenery.  All that's running now is Global and various Orbx sceneries.  Oddly enough when I switch FTX Central from Global to North America the problem at Lopez Island goes away but not at Juneau.  My current scenery library for your perusal.

libr_edited-5.png

Hi oldendirt,

typically, these kinds of issues are due to incompatible third-party airport files. Thus, I'd suggest searching your entire FSX folder tree for .bgl files (and only .bgl files!) with the ICAO of the airports in question; any search results without FTX as part of the file names and outside any of the FTX folders are "suspicious". If you're unsure post the search results here, with full file and path names, so we can double-check.

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

actually, I meant letting Windows Explorer do the searching, which should only take a few seconds to minutes. For example, search for "PAJN" and then sort the results by Type so that you can focus on the .bgl files. If there are lots of files change Explorer's "View" mode to "Details" and then take a screenshot of the list and post it here.

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

looks like you still have an active UTX_PAJN_AP.BGL in your Scenery\World\scenery folder (third from the bottom), which needs to be removed. It's possible that UTX re-injects those files when you make changes to its setup panel, which you should be able to avoid by deactivating PAJN in the "Terrain > Modify Status of Repositioned Airports" menu as described in http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/56683-ultimate-alaska-x-and-ultimate-terrain-x-canada-compatibility-with-ftx-southern-alaska-sak/

Cheers, Holger

UT uses XXX to replace the bgl when it removes an airport. The fact that you had both a .bgl and an .off sugests you may have manually modified the PAJN file at one point and confused the UT configure program which proptly put back what it considered a required file. I know this is possible because I mess them up on a regular basis in the Carib and find double files that have to be removed to get stuff flat again :)

Dave

Archived