How do I completely remove all of Orbx?

sightseer

My installation is a complicated mess where 2/3 is installed directly into FSX and then linked to P3D1.4 and then the rest is installed directly into P3D1.4.  I've been doing this with airports and patches and everything and it seems to work but with P3D2 now coming out I feel the need to free up HDD space and also simplify the install.

It seems easiest for me to just uninstall everything Orbx from both FSX and P3D1.4 and then reinstall everything back to P3D1.4 and hopefully Ill be able to link that install into P3D2

I've seen the instructions that say to just delete the orbx folder but I need to know how to get the scenery libs back to where they were at default install so I can start over.

It seems easiest for me to just uninstall everything Orbx from both FSX and P3D1.4 and then reinstall everything back to P3D1.4 and hopefully Ill be able to link that install into P3D2......

Why not install directly into P3D v2? You don't need P3D v1.4 to run v2.

Spirit

the only reason I don'y uninstall P3D1.4 and reinstall is because I've already had to ask by email for one liscence extention and Im not convinced that I would get another.  I paid to have access to it but I dont feel comfortable with it.

If I remove P3D1.4 via the 'uninstall a program', will I be able to reinstall? do you know for certain?

besides that - I dont want to uninstall P3D1.4 .  I simply want to remove the linked connection to FSX and then reinstall everything driectly to P3D.

Why not install directly into P3D v2? You don't need P3D v1.4 to run v2.

Spirit

Why not first uninstall FSX and P3D v1.4 and then install P3D v2? You've to download ORBX sceneries again because you need the new installer for P3D v2.

Spirit

What P3D do you want to have at the end? P3D v1.4 or P3D v2? If you want to have P3D v2 then there's no need to install P3D v1.4 again.

Spirit

How long have you worked for Orbx?

I have asked a simple question and instead of answering it you are playing twenty questions with me.  I have my reasons for doing what I want to do.

Hi Dave,

I need to know how to get the scenery libs back to where they were at default install so I can start over.

For a total removal:

1 - Set FTXcentral to [default] or if you have FTXglobal set to [Global- with hybrid box unticked]

2 - Delete Orbx folder

3 - Browse to FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery, delete all 'FTX' tagged files

4 - Browse to FSX/Effects, delete all 'Orbx' tagged files

5 - if you had FTX AI installed - browse to FSX/Simobjects/Airplanes and delete any 'FTX' tagged folders

There are also some other files here and there but these will not affect anything as they are passive files (not active)

If I have missed the point of the question please tell me :)

Cheers

Tim

Thank you, Tim. I will do that and see where I get.

Hi Dave,

For a total removal:

1 - Set FTXcentral to [default] or if you have FTXglobal set to [Global- with hybrid box unticked]

2 - Delete Orbx folder

5 - if you had FTX AI installed - browse to FSX/Simobjects/Airplanes and delete any 'FTX' tagged folders

There are also some other files here and there but these will not affect anything as they are passive files (not active)

Cheers

Tim

Hi Dave,

For a total removal:

2 - Delete Orbx folder

Cheers

Tim

Morning Tim.  I realize that there are pinned topics on uninstall procedures, and I have never yet wanted to do any sort of uninstall of Orbx products but is there a future where Orbx will recognize that uninstalls do have their place for whatever the users reasons and perhaps Orbx will build uninstall scripts into the install?

Can you imagine a day with a new or existing company comes along, competes head to head with Orbx with similar products and the first thing it says is that their products are not compatible with Orbx, therefore please uninstall the Orbx product first....I'm just saying. 

Any chance Orbx can identify, while not affecting anything, all the other files that are installed that are superfluous so they can be deleted as well?

Tim - I do have one more question actually. what about terrain.cfg and dll.xml? How do I handle those files?

I was looking through some of my saved information and I encountered a post that I think was made by Ed where he described how to unlink everything out of P3D so one could install directly. The post mentions copying terrain.cfg from Orbx/Scripts/FTXCentral/work and overwriting the one in the root P3D directory and then removing all airport dlls from dll.xml. All of that post was written before FTXGlobal so Im not sure how relevant it is.

I don't want to screw anything up but I am capable of editing dll.xml if need be.

Hi Dave,

For a total removal:

2 - Delete Orbx folder

Cheers

Tim

Hi Dave

Setting FTXcentral to [Default] or [FTXglobal - with hybrid unticked] should have returned your Terrain.cfg to normal as far as I'm aware

dll.xml, you can remove the orbx entries if you choose, but leaving them there is also fine

Any chance Orbx can identify, while not affecting anything, all the other files that are installed that are superfluous so they can be deleted as well?

They are in a number of locations, mostly autogen textures, or objects used in autogen, a simple FSX folder search for 'FTX' or 'Orbx' will find them, but like I said these are inactive files and are completely passive

The idea is to keep it as simple as possible for people, which is why I only list active files in my post above

Archived