No ATC communication at KHQM and other airports

CrownCityMisfit

I know this is a freeware airport, but I am posting this in the Payware Support Forum because the issue occurs within the PNW payware region. I am not sure exactly where the problem is.

I cannot communicate with ATC at KHQM. When I load a default Free Flight there, my radio is set to 128.30 by default, and I can hear (what I assume to be) KHQM ATC. When I open the ATC window, I get 2 options: 1) Tune to KHQM Traffic on 122.700, and 2) Tune to KHQM Automated Traffic. When I select "KHQM Traffic", and request taxi/takeoff/whatever, I get no response whatsoever. I can manually dial back to 128.30 and hear the ATC, but how can I communicate? Similar problems occur at a few other Orbx payware airports.

I was experiencing this problem with Global, PNW, and KHQM installed, FTX Central set to North America, in DX10 mode, with Steve's Fixer active. I run several other orbx payware/freeware scenery, and a ton of payware aircraft.

Assuming this was a self-made problem, I took some advice on another forum and copied some audio files from the install disk, etc, etc, which made my problem worse: no Weather VO, just the ambient background chatter.

Defeated, I performed a clean install of FSX. I currently have no addons installed...

The problem persists at KHQM.

I may be missing something very basic here, and understand this question may belong in another forum, or another website altogether. My apologies if that is the case. Thank you for reading this. And thank you for a wonderful product.

KHQM Bowerman does not have air traffic control facilities in real life, so the FSX version is made the same

Only airports that have ATC in real life would have it in FSX (circa 2006 of course)

Looking at your signature KJAC and KSFF should have ATC options, the others do not

Cheers
Tim

KHQM Bowerman does not have air traffic control facilities in real life, so the FSX version is made the same

Only airports that have ATC in real life would have it in FSX (circa 2006 of course)

Looking at your signature KJAC and KSFF should have ATC options, the others do not

Cheers

Tim

Haha thanks Tim. I knew I was going to feel dim when I got the answer. I am certainly relieved, however. Live and learn.  ::)

Anyway, thanks for the schooling. Onward.

Cheers.

Archived