AUS4.003 Patch Question

GrayRider

I have downloaded the aus4.003 patch for installation. Before I install it I want to ask first about issues others had after installation. 

I was reading all the info in a previous topic/thread, that the install of the patch was or is causing a lot of issues.

I don't want to install it, if I'm going to experience a lot of problems and errors during the install process, that others have had.

Are there issues with this patch that need addressed?. Will I be faced with errors/problems after installing the patch?. I don't have Sweet IM installed, what ever that is.

THX

GrayRider

GrayRider

After re-reading that thread it appears it is only an issue for people with either FXAA or Sweet fx programs installed. I had some confusion understanding what the problem was. There was a mention of missing files since the SP4.002 patch. Whose files? FSX default files? Orbx default files? Some addons missing files? Apparently those having problems are using those two addons which I am  unfamiliar with and, obviously,don't have installed. Shouldn't be a problem for me to install tomorrow, it's Sunday and football today.

GrayRider

After re-reading that thread it appears it is only an issue for people with either FXAA or Sweet fx programs installed. I had some confusion understanding what the problem was. There was a mention of missing files since the SP4.002 patch. Whose files? FSX default files? Orbx default files? Some addons missing files? Apparently those having problems are using those two addons which I am  unfamiliar with and, obviously,don't have installed. Shouldn't be a problem for me to install tomorrow, it's Sunday and football today.

What is the FXAA program, so I can be sure I don't have it installed?.

GrayRider

What is the FXAA program, so I can be sure I don't have it installed?.

GrayRider

I think he is referring to payware Orbx airports eg FTX_AA_EGHA

I am aware that some people had elevation & texture issues at Milford Sound after installing the update, this was cured by reinstalling the airport (no need to uninstall ---just reinstall)

If you don't use SweetFX then the installation will be fine. The problem was that the installer had been set up to do some cleanup of Orbx .fx files but other programs placed .fx files in the same location and they were removed. 

So the official arty line is if you use Sweetfx you're stuffed or will there be a fix?

If you could gleen a bit more info on this Alex it would be much appreciated as a lot of people are using Sweetfx

Cheers

The problem has been rectified as mentioned in the original support thread http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/67910-ftx-aus4003-problem/page-2 as well as in the opening post of the release announcement.

Google "fxaa post process injector" to find out about FXAA and its features. I don't fully understand it, so hence me referring you to Google.

Archived