PNW Demo removal problem FTX Global and scenery cfg.error

simdown42

Hi People

My FTX Global (order # FSS0242244) was working fine until I tried to uninstall the demo of PNW with the required uninstaller so I could buy full version. Then all hell broke loose. North America stayed on FTX Central and my FSX Default came back with also two Global icons, no hybrid mode button and a  message saying terrain.config has no land class section. Then I got the trees and water problem everywhere that has been discussed in the forum. I uninstalled FTX Global with the uninstaller (thank God for having that) and reinstalled it with latest libraries and patch. I now have FTX Global working ok I think but when I launch FSX I get the message scenery.cfg file error. local scenery directory(orbx\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU8\scenery\in scenery area 123. I click continue and then get the same message for EU 9 and area 124. I continue and FSX loads ok. I have scoured the forum for a solution to this but there does not appear to be a definate solution This all seems to have happened because I tried to get rid of the PNW demo. As I said Global appears to be working but can anyone help with the annoying FSX messages please and do I need  areas 123 and 124?

I have reinstalled England (FSS0242026) Wales (FSS0242131) Scotland (FSS0242122) Australia (FSS0242021) All regions appear to be ok.

Thanks for any help

Hello,

Did you install the latest Orbx Libraries patch after installing the demo? if not grab it here: http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html#orbxlibs

As a general rule, always install the latest ORBXlibs after installing anything from Orbx, this ensures all the relevant files are up to date as some older installers contain older files (naturally)

Hi Tim

Thanks. I was trying to uninstall the demo. That's when I got into trouble. I can't remember installing libraries after I installed the demo some weeks ago. I think the demo is actually gone but the North America icon is still in FTX central. Somehow the act of uninstalling PNW demo caused all the other problems. I  installed the latest libraries after my reinstall of FTX Global but still get the FSX messages about missing files.

Thanks but if these areas are listed in my scenery library don't I need them? I'm scared of flying somewhere in Europe I have not been and losing scenery. The other weird thing is when I'm in Hybrid mode FSX tells me it's missing different areas to when I'm in FTX Global normal.

Thanks again

Hi Ed

Thanks for solving the most annoying part of my problem. I had installed the Off version of Iceland as I had not at that stage purchased Global. I think when I reinstalled Global after my disastrous attempt to uninstall PNW demo it wiped Iceland's demo files so FSX was looking for them. I have now installed the On version of Iceland. Now FSX loads up and everything looks fine. Sorry I did not tumble to that. The PNW demo is still active and I don't want to go through all the hastle of trying to delete it again because of all the problems I had that started this whole thread. Pity, because I wanted to buy the full version of PNW.

Thanks again

Archived