Sydney At Dusk [EDITS]

One thing i noticed is that there's NO buildings on the north side of the harbour bridge!!!!

Milson's point, Nth Sydney has some great landmark features an very distinctive buildings like St. Leonards an the Royal North Shore Hospital, I'm abit worried not that FTX has not covered our cities in the high detail we're all expecting...

Anywho still an anxious costumer ready to buy!!

Josh

One thing i noticed is that there's NO buildings on the north side of the harbour bridge!!!!

Milson's point, Nth Sydney has some great landmark features an very distinctive buildings like St. Leonards an the Royal North Shore Hospital, I'm abit worried not that FTX has not covered our cities in the high detail we're all expecting...

Anywho still an anxious costumer ready to buy!!

Josh

Guys you need to realise these are beta shots. There are no high rise buildings in Nth. Sydney because we have not yet annotated the CBD tiles - there will be 5-15 storey buildings added over the next week, in the Sydney CBD, Paramatta, Nth. Sydney etc.

As for landmark buildings like RNSH, just not going to happen :) Can you imagine the work needed if we were to hand-craft all major landmark buildings?  That's what our SDK is for; it will give developers all the tools they need to create thousands of these landmark buildings and airports to FTX. In about 12 months from now there will be literally 1000 small airfields photo-blended all around Oz, plus poly landclass covering all the major cities and towns, and hundred of landmark buildings. FTX gives you the base product, and our SDK gives developers what they need to really create the finite details.

It's a great time to be a simmer in Oz, that's for sure!  ;D

I've had the pleasure of visiting Sydney a few times but I don't remember the steelwork on the Sydney harbour bridge looking that flimsy or the bridge approach roads being that steep......but otherwise, very nice.

That's the default Microsoft interpretation of the old coat hanger ;)

I've had the pleasure of visiting Sydney a few times......

or the bridge approach roads being that steep......but otherwise, very nice.

That's really no ones fault it'd be a combination of scenery an mesh...

If you have a look in real life the roads leading onto an off the bridge are built up on massive concrete an steel structures the keep the road in a sense "level" but the actual terrain does dip away..

Josh

We'll get around to it soon. We have a number a projects planned which I can't discuss right now:

FTX is first and foremost a ground terrain product. We do add scenery components (like the Tasman Bridge in Hobart for example), but if we were to add models for all landmarks in the major cities we'd never get it released ;)

While the Harbour Bridge may seem like a trivial thing to model, in fact it is a very complex structure than would take probably quite a long time for a modeler to do right, let alone get the textures, do the LODs and ensure it is not a frame hog. Easier said than done.

Archived