Flying from FTX England to UTX Europe

simdown42

Apologies if this has already been covered somewhere

Is there a way to seamlessly fly between FTX England and Ultimate Terrain Europe. I have FTX England but haven't bought UTX Europe yet. Ideally I would like a Europe addon as good as FTX England. Maybe FTX Global would surfice?

Many Thanks

Once FTX Vector comes out, along with the Open LC for Europe, I think we can combine that with FTX Global and have no need for UTX Europe anymore. As it is I disable it when I fly over FTX England/Scotland/Wales/etc.

It most certainly has been covered here before.  Please download the FTX Global manual and/or the FTX Vector manual and have a read.  Lots of diagrams and photos, it is not heavy reading.  Plus for what this stuff costs, I think you will want to spend 20 minutes educating yourself as to what products do what.

Just my 2 rubles, for what it is worth.

Apologies if this has already been covered somewhere

Is there a way to seamlessly fly between FTX England and Ultimate Terrain Europe. I have FTX England but haven't bought UTX Europe yet. Ideally I would like a Europe addon as good as FTX England. Maybe FTX Global would surfice?

Many Thanks

You MIGHT be getting UTX Europe and GEX muddled up? Ground Environment Europe replaces the default textures, as does FTX Global. Global does it on a worldwide scale, whilst Ground Environment Europe covers only Europe lol. Ultimate Terrain Europe is rather different, in that it adds roads, rivers, golf courses, docks, coastlines etc  to default textures, Ground Environment Europe textures or FTX Global textures.

So, if you were to buy UTX Europe, hoping to see much improved fields and hues, you'd be disappointed.

If you were to buy FTX Global, you'd see an immediate visual improvement, but you'll still be lacking coastlines, accurate roads etc. UTX in "combination" with FTX Global would address that quite nicely. I'm currently using FSX in conjunction with Global and UTX, as well as P3D V1:4 with FTX Global (No UTX), and the difference is really quite obvious.

BUT. You might want to hold back on purchasing UTX, for two very good reasons!

Firstly, OrbX will be rolling out packages to compliment FTX Global which will make the need for UTX pretty redundant. Their land class and vector add-ons will essentially do the same thing. Of course, the choice to wait or go with UTX is yours. However, UTX will not be compatible with the upcoming P3D V2 (it isn't even compatible with the current version), whereas FTX Global's land class and vector packages certainly will be. It might not be a consideration right now, but it may well be in a few months, once those screenshots start rolling in.

I like UTX. I like the fact the interface allows for a lot of customisation, even down to the widths of rivers and roads. I believe the FTX Global vectors will be trimmed down anyway, giving a tidier look without having to "uncheck" numerous "minor road" and "minor bridge" boxes. Some might still prefer that element of controllability, most won't ever miss it.

So. If you want Europe to look like FTX England, then buy FTX Global. It isn't a "region", so don't expect TOO much from it with regards to accuracy, but it'll enhance your transition from Blighty to Europe pretty seamlessly. And, it'll improve further over time. I haven't done so myself yet, but download the Iceland demo, and I'm sure you'll then appreciate the worth of FTX Global.

Archived