Installing and patching older regions with FTX Global installed already

cvearl

If I have already installed FTXG and want to add an older Region, would I have to reinstall FTXG afterward?

Or would this be correct...

Starting with a clean FSX + FTXG

Install ORBX PNW and patch to 5

Install the libraries.

Reinstall FTXG without a back up?

Please advise.

I have a few Regions I would like to add and I have FTXG installed.

Charles.

FTXGlobal is NOT a region/scenery, it ONLY replaces default textures, so............. no problems. Do the reinstallation as you want, FTXGlobal will not cause problems.

That goes without saying. I know adding a region will not hurt FTXG textures themselves. But in my last FSX build, when I installed additional regions after FTXG, it frigged up FTX Central. It looked funny and often got errors when hitting the APPLY button.

So... How do I ensure I have the most current (or healthy) FTX Central once I install NZSI and AU Blue Region since having already installed PNW, PFJ, NRM, CRM all patched + current Libraries + FTXG? Now I add NZSI and EU... Is FTX Central still correct? Or do I need to repair it with some work around?

Charles.

FTXGlobal is NOT a region/scenery, it ONLY replaces default textures, so............. no problems. Do the reinstallation as you want, FTXGlobal will not cause problems.

Darn can someone move this to the payware support forum. I posted in the wrong place....

Anyway. Did the AU Blue SP3 install and patched with the Dual AU Blue SP4 Installer and when it ended and tried to open FTX Central.... I get this.

WH70v.jpg

Done

First thing, run the latest Orbxlibs, we'll continue from there

Always install one region at a time, and run the Orbxlibs right after installing it (before touching FTXcentral)

Thanks! ok so I did not touch FTX Central. It touched itself. LOL So here is how this went down.

I had a 100% fresh install of FSX a month ago to which I added all my ORBX NA Regions and patched up. The routine I did was install and patch PNW to version SP5, NRM, CRM, PFJ and SAK all added as well. Now I am VERY careful. After each Region was installed, I install the libraries and start FSX once and watch the little white window popup run (building scenery database whatever). Then exit FSX and do the next region until all are in. I decided not to add my AU Blue and NZSI/NI regions at this time. At the end of each region install, FTX Central always opens set to Default and you have to set the region and hit apply. All good there. Then I set FTX Central to DEFAULT and installed FTX Global and the patch for Global and all was well. I have had a clean ORBX NA region laden FSX working flawlessly and the ability to go to FTXG mode and back cleanly. Never an issue. All looking perfect. Been flying all regions heavily for a month and a few FTX global adventures in North Eastern USA. Great all the time.

Now I decide to add AU Blue and patch it today per this post. So...

#1. I set FTX Central back to Global (as there is no Default after FTXG) but note that I did not run FSX as I usually do (wondering if this is where I killed it)...

#2. Installed FTX AU Blue (my file was SP3 install) and it opened FTX Central at the end of the install and I immediately got the Terrain.cfg error in my first post.

#3. I have to click the error three times to make it go away.

#4. I applied Australia and closed FTX Central.

#5. Ran the patch SP4 for AUBlue and the latest libraries in one run.

#6. Ran FTX Central again to the same error.

So... I wonder hmmm.. I go back to North America mode in FTX Central (After clicking the error 3 times again to get past it) and try High River CEN4 (I have the freeware airport) and it looks like this...

c4paB.jpg

Basically your terrain.cfg is screwed for some reason.

Best thing to do is find the virgin terrain.cfg and then run FTX Central which will apply all our entries to it. That should solve the issue.

In order to give you a virgin terrain.cfg, you'll need to tell us what version of the sim you are running, I assume FSX SP2 or Acceleration?

Basically your terrain.cfg is screwed for some reason.

Best thing to do is find the virgin terrain.cfg and then run FTX Central which will apply all our entries to it. That should solve the issue.

In order to give you a virgin terrain.cfg, you'll need to tell us what version of the sim you are running, I assume FSX SP2 or Acceleration?

FSX Gold. So FSX with Acceleration.

C.

Archived