Canberra Airport Scenery FPS hit

Matt_B_1978

Hi all

Yesterday, received my Canberra Airport scenery DVD and installed it. I also received the Port Macquarie scenery on DVD as well. I got them both while on special at the FlightSimStore. Anyway, at Port Macquarie I get great frame rates of around 30fps and never below 25fps. As soon as I get to within sight of Canberra airport, my frame rates nosedive to just short of single digits, struggling around 12fps. I have all of the YSCB Control Panel settings on the default (post-installation) settings, the minimum with the least cars, people, etc. Is there an update for Canberra that improves frame rates, or a tweak or a change in the YSCB control panel I should try to improve my frame rates? It's great scenery, but it's as bad as Brisbane on the frame rates.

Hi Matt

I find my fps is better if I select the no ground polys option, for others it makes little difference.  Try it anyway.

Lightpoles also make a difference.

Canberra is quite heavy on frames, but with the minimum settings on my mid-range rig, and reasonably clear weather I usually see 17-20 or more.

Cheers

John

Archived