nzqn ac crash

mamock

If you cut try to take a picture, just before it happen id gladly try it out and se how .

Personly ive just install all orbx and good to go.

And actually i have tryed to get my plane to crach there, today, but no luck ::) glad to say.

Can i ask You Mike, do you use NZ (Oceania) or Global, Global Hyb ..oder hyr??

Henrik

Btw. My settings is sencetive as a Nymphs...You know.... 8)

Excuse Me, Wolter, but sometime its a challenge, i cant resist.

Excuse Me, Wolter, but sometime its a challenge, i cant resist.

Except we do everything we can to make all our scenery crash proof, meaning all the buildings etc have crash detection disabled (you can fly through them) which defeats the purpose of the crash detection in the sim other than hard landings.

The system is seriously flawed and inaccurate and frankly a PIA for developers as it just does not work as many expect. The main problem is the crash box (what your aircraft crashes into) around an object is literally a box or set of boxes (cube shapes) that can be much bigger than the actual object, sometimes hundreds of meters high even though the object might only be 2 meters high.

Occasionally something in the scenery manages to retain its crash box but is visually invisible and can be very difficult to identify, thus we recommend turning crash detection off within the sim.

I too can fly all over NZQN with crash detection ON but have yet to identify what customers have been crashing into.

So for now the recommendation is to turn OFF crash detection.

• 10 months later...

Hi Marty,

I just purchased and installed your beautiful Queenstown NZQN. (I installed on top of the latest service pack to NZSI.) And, I too am disappointed that one cannot depart or land on Rwy 5/23. The invisible crash boxes shatter my aircraft on either end.

You suggest that we disable "crashes." We obviously can do this and things work well enough.

However, there are many reasons to fly with crashes enabled. (Competitive events, for example.) And it is sad to hear that the only current solution is for us to accept that the scenery is not usable when crashes are enabled.

Now, this is an old thread. Perhaps you have come up with a solution that is published elsewhere. Is there anything that we can do to help?

All said, a wonderful rendition of the airport. Thanks for all that you have done.

Hope that in the future we shall be able to use it with crash detection enabled.

Best wishes,

Mike MacKuen

Archived