EGML Damyns Hall

JohnMD

Russ,

Have encountered two issues with this scenery which I bought from the Flightsim store.AU yesterday and I am not sure what is causing them to occur.

The 1st one is with the install process, and it proceeds all the way through the install without any problems until the last bit where I get a small window popping up saying that there is an " error in dll.xml:</SimBase Documents> tag not found " and then I can continue on to close the scenery install as per normal.

I have now downloaded this scenery twice, one from the Cloud Server and the other one from the global server but the same problem appears each time.

2nd issue is elevation variations at EGML Damyns Hall when you get onto the airfield as you will see from the screenshots, I have checked and the terrain resolution setting is at 5 Metres, I made sure that before I installed the scenery that FTX central was set on EU, but even with deleting the scenery and then  installing it again the same problem occurs.

What I am not sure about is are these two issues related or are they potentially two separate errors.

I have checked the other EU airports scenery that I have installed previously and there are no problems with them in any way, so it appears that whatever is causing these elevation issues at EGML are related to the install that I have done with this scenery.

Screenshots:

PfkMv.jpg

LGmly.jpg

Anyway, hope you can make sense of what I am encountering with this scenery at EGML, I have read your replies to other members regarding this scenery,

so if you can help it will much appreciated,

regards

John MD

Order Number: FSS0240403
Order Date: 2013-10-17

[ORB-074] Orbx - FTX: EU EGML Damyns Hall Aerodrome

Russ,

Just as an update, I tried what JV said to on of the other members about the Module Installer in the FTX_AA_EGML folder but that doesn't work either, I still get that error message " error in dll.xml:</SimBase Documents> tag not found " appearing each time I try to run the Module Installer, so it must be something to do with the install program itself.

regards

John MD

Hi John, This is an issue with the objectflow xml's not being displayed and is very likely to be caused by this strange install error you are getting. I have not heard a case where manually running the moduleinstaller.exe application has not solved it though? try as Wolter suggests and run as administrator.

Also, i see you have a lot of Orbx regions installed, do you have any other Orbx airports besides EGML? if so have you had similar xml issues during installation of any of those?

Russ,

Have tried that moduleinstaller.exe application as administrator, no joy same problem,keeps coming up with that error message " error in dll.xml:</SimBase Documents> tag not found " all other EU sceneries and airports are fine, I have them all, no issues that I can see, and just as a comment I actually have never encountered this issue before installing any FTX ORBX scenery or airport, so I am a bit in the dark with this one, as they normally just load up and install without any issues, unless I do something stupid, but in this case I can't see where the cause might be, it has got me stumped to say the least.

I did check my settings in line with what Wolter suggested but that didn't work either, maybe I will just have to wait until the back up disc arrives and then load straight from that.

I even did a 3rd download from the AU server this morning and tried that but no joy so far.

I wonder if any thing is missing from that FTX_AA_EGML File in the main ORBX folder.

regards

John MD

Ed,

dll.xml file as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
    <Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
    <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow_KBZN.dll</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KBZN\Scenery\ObjectFlow_KBZN.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_NZQN.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTXAA_NZQN\Scenery\ObjectFlow_NZQN.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Objectflow_CBB7.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CBB7\Scenery\Objectflow_CBB7.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_cen4.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CEN4\Scenery\ObjectFlow_cen4.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_EGHI.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGHI\Scenery\ObjectFlow_EGHI.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_65S.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_65S\Scenery\ObjectFlow_65S.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_EGHP.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGHP\Scenery\ObjectFlow_EGHP.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_EGHR.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGHR\Scenery\ObjectFlow_EGHR.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_EGSG.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGSG\Scenery\ObjectFlow_EGSG.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_EGKA.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGKA\Scenery\ObjectFlow_EGKA.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_EGTH.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGTH\Scenery\ObjectFlow_EGTH.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_EGTR.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGTR\Scenery\ObjectFlow_EGTR.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_EGHA.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGHA\Scenery\ObjectFlow_EGHA.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_W52.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_W52\scenery\ObjectFlow_W52.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Objectflow_0S9.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_0S9\scenery\Objectflow_0S9.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_2W3.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_2W3\Scenery\ObjectFlow_2W3.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_S43.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_S43\Scenery\ObjectFlow_S43.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_PAKT.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAKT\Scenery\ObjectFlow_PAKT.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Objectflow_2WA1.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_2WA1\Scenery\Objectflow_2WA1.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_KCMW.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KCMW\Scenery\ObjectFlow_KCMW.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_7S3.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_7S3\Scenery\ObjectFlow_7S3.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_OG39.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_OG39\Scenery\ObjectFlow_OG39.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_S45.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_S45\Scenery\ObjectFlow_S45.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_KWYS.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KWYS\Scenery\ObjectFlow_KWYS.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_CYBD.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CYBD\Scenery\ObjectFlow_CYBD.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_KSFF.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KSFF\Scenery\ObjectFlow_KSFF.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_KJAC.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KJAC\Scenery\ObjectFlow_KJAC.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_74S.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_74S\Scenery\ObjectFlow_74S.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_1WA6.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_1WA6\Scenery\ObjectFlow_1WA6.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Objectflow_KBVS.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KBVS\Scenery\Objectflow_KBVS.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_77S.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_77S\Scenery\ObjectFlow_77S.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_OR57.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_OR57\Scenery\ObjectFlow_OR57.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_W16.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_W16\scenery\ObjectFlow_W16.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_CZST.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CZST\Scenery\ObjectFlow_CZST.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_PAJN.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery\ObjectFlow_PAJN.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_SAK.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY\scenery\ObjectFlow_SAK.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_YBAS.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YBAS\Scenery\ObjectFlow_YBAS.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_YMML.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YMML\Scenery\ObjectFlow_YMML.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_YWOL.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YWOL\Scenery\ObjectFlow_YWOL.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_YBCS.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YBCS\scenery\ObjectFlow_YBCS.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_NZMF.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_AA_NZMF\Scenery\ObjectFlow_NZMF.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ObjectFlow_NZNI.dll</Name>
        <Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZNI_05_SCENERY\scenery\ObjectFlow_NZNI.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
        <Disabled>True</Disabled>
        <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
        <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
        <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
        <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Flight Recorder</Name>
        <Path>Aerosoft\Flight Recorder\AS-FlightRecorder.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>SibWings service module</Name>
        <Path>SibWings\Service\swservice.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>VistaMare Core</Name>
        <Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>ASE-Data</Name>
        <Path>Aerosoft\ASE_DATA\AseData.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

I can't see the EGML entry in this dll.xml list which makes me think that the correct info is not being entered by the installer process,

Hope you can make some sense out of it anyway

Cheers

John MD

Hi John,

can't see anything wrong with your xml file. I've attached a file with your dll entries and EGML's to replace your xml file (backup your original first please).

Let me know if it works. I would be interested afterwards if you can uninstall the EGML entry by running that moduleinstaller.exe again.

dll.zip

Ed,,

Unfortunately no joy at all after installing the new dll file, I even tried running that moduleinstaller.exe again but same result, just keeps coming back with that same error message.

Cheers

John MD

Wolter,

I tried that and it didn't work so I deleted all the EU scenery and am in the middle of reinstalling from scratch, and hopefully we might get it to work, if that fails I will delete all the Orbx scenery and airports and start again with a fresh install, and see what happens, there is something wrong going on somewhere but I cant put my finger on it so to speak, so took the axe to it and we will see where that gets me.

Cheers for your help guys

we will get there...

Will update soon....

regards

John MD

To the team,

I was going to uninstall the EU scenery, but found that the culprit is actually not related to the EGML Damyns Hall scenery install but to a A2A Dll.xml file which was in the same area as the main FSX dll file, which I subsequently removed, and was the reason why I was not getting EGML to install properly, as the installer was obviously confused which dll.xml file to enter the data into, I now have the EGML Damyns Hall scenery up and running without any issues.

Don't ask me how this happened as I don't know for sure, but I have been recently reinstalling my A2A aircraft collection and it seems to have listed a similar dll.xml file in the same area, so I just deleted it, and it has not affected my A2A aircraft in any way that I can see so far.

I installed Ed's new version of the FSX Dll file, got rid of the old one, and used the moduleinstaller.exe as specified and it worked perfectly, so all is well now in ORBX EU land.

I would just like to express my thanks to you all for your help, it was much appreciated.

And just for the record EGML Damyns Hall is really outstanding, well worth it

regards

John MD

Skyhawk,

Just for your info check to see that no 3rd party dll.xml  file addon is present in the same area as your FSX Dll.file, as this is what caused my problems due to an A2A aircraft Dll.xml file being there for no good reason that I could see

regards

John MD

Thanks John.

In which area did you find the conflicting 3rd party xml's?

And, what is the exact name of the  FSX Dll file (FSX.dll.xml, or just dll.xml)?

In "Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX/" I have several xml files, like: dll.xml - dll.xml.a2a - dll.FSDbk.xml.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Just installed EGML and flying the A2A C172 to the airport. Running into the elevation problem.

In my DLL.XML file I have the following entries:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow_EGML.dll</Name>
    <Path>D:\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGML\Scenery\ObjectFlow_EGML.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>A2A Service</Name>
        <Path>A2A\Shared\A2A_Service.dll</Path>
        <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
        <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
    </Launch.Addon>

Now I guess that A2A entry is also necessary to have my A2A planes flying correctly.

I then flew to EGSG and no issue there.

Any cure for this available?

Archived