EGSG Odd cyclic frame rate drop

bountyhunter

Got this last night and eagerly installed it....

but I  have a strange problem, it get massive frame rate drop from 25FPS to 6 FPS and then it cycles around couple of seconds at 6 then back to 25 and so on. After take off all is ok unless i look back in the direction of the airfield and it slows down again.

I do run in DX10 with the fixer applied if that makes a difference ?

I didn't have time to test my settings last night, but will try tonight. Just thought some one may have an idea

Is the anomaly there with DX9?

DX10 and the "fix" still has bugs as far as I am aware. Its still being  de bugged. Some of these are;-

missing textures on big airport sceneries.

no or little support with PMDG planes

AI traffic lights missing.

low performance on airliner VC's, to name a few.

Best Regards

David

Chaps

I have fixed the flashing lights last night by disabling / enabling the special effects in DX10 fixer, but I seem to have lost some lights now mainly along motorways (freeways , autobahns etc) . I did read a post regarding lost 'poles' and some one said to reload the latest libs again ?

I didn't have time to check the frame rate flicker at EGSG but will tonight.

I think my problems may have started when I loaded the 3 new EGSG,EGTH & EGML airfields and switched to night settings (via the night/day switcher) and didn't redo the special effects in the fixer...but can not be sure

if all else fails I can restore to a backup from last Sat and load each one in turn

Wolter,

I think this was down to the problems I was having with flashing 3d ground lights under DX10, the frame rate cycle was about the same amount of time the  lights would flash at.

I had another thread in the DX10 forum about this and Paul J pointed me at the Effects switch in the DX10 fixer Gui. I recycled that and the flashing lights went away...as did all the 3d lights... so found the 'Canberra Cityscape 3D lights' thread and applied that fix and 3d lights all returned .

and the frame rate cycle stopped.

so I think  poor old ESGS was a casualty rather than a problem.

all is well in my world now....until the next problem .

Archived