Any ideas on what's causing this scenery issue?

matt128

What I am seeing in the screen shot is typical FSX night lit gravel which can be found at most large default airports, both as car parks and aircraft auxiliary aprons.

That's probably what it is then, since FTX Global does not alter any default airports, only the base global ground textures. Others may have more info though.

What I am seeing in the screen shot is typical FSX night lit gravel which can be found at most large default airports, both as car parks and aircraft auxiliary aprons.

What about roads crossing taxiways. In the image above the taxiway veers off into the gravel which doesn't make sense?

r9r1bc.png

What you are showing in your screen shots is typical FSX default airport layout.

In the first shot, the gravel is in the top right corner (buildings and car park). All the rest of the grey is concrete aprons and taxiways. Viewing at night would have shown this. You have now moved your complaint to the general FSX default airports level of detail. Continuing in the first shot (post 9), there are no taxiways which veer off into the gravel, I can see concrete taxiways bending on a grassed area, and roads going under the taxiways. You don’t  identify the airport, but I would strongly suggest that there are road tunnels there that go under the taxiways (which is common at a lot of airports).

On the second shot (post 10) traffic is driving on the grass. FSX default airports are not perfect and you will get some anomalies (including vehicular traffic). Go to Norfolk and see a road (and traffic) cut across the runway (a mistake). Go to Gibraltar and see a road go across a runway (actually happens in real life).

Your third shot (post 11) shows taxiway (markings) miss match. Happen quite a lot in FSX default airports. Get used to it.

The forth (post 12) is an overhead of Heathrow. There is nothing wrong with this view of the default FSX airport. I presume you are complaining about the four short taxiways heading north from the runway which go nowhere.  Buildings/ aprons are not there in the default airport to keep development time or frame rates down, etc. Easy to understand from the Microsoft development teams point of view.

You have not done any research before posting on this forum. I suggest you go here http://www.simtours.net/strangeairportsplaces.php and here http://www.simtours.net/spectacularplaces.php for starters.

If you want the level of detail you are seeking at airports, then buy third party airports, or get the freeware ADE and make your own. If you want to complain about the lack of detail for FSX default airports, then go to a Microsoft web site forum.

Archived