Orbx TASMANIA DEMO and FTGX

shermank

While looking through folders today, I found the Tasmania Demo, which I had forgotten about. So, I installed it. Then FTX Central popped up, as it should. But, instead of the latest edition, I think dated July 2013, this was dated 2009. Not only that, but when I set it to FTXG, it only allowed for Orbx Trees. There was no hybrid or Vector setting options. How can I get back the Global settings and keep Tasmania...If that is not possible, how to I get back to the pre Tasmania settings. I could not find a way to uninstall sinceOrbyx scenery packs do not show up in the registry.

thanks!

Sherm

HI Walter, and all...

It seems as if I am running into a string of bad luck and/or errors. Booting up today, I found trees all over ramps, taxiways and any number of other places where they do not belong. Additionally, where there should be normal landscape between taxiways and runways, etc, there is a hodgepodge of textures. I have UTX as well as several of the FTX sets which until last week were all working great. My problem actually began when I tried to install and run DX10Fixer, which forced me to do an entire reinstall, but that is another longer an sadder story. Anyway, I recall reading here in the forum devoted to the new add on airport sets, someone else mentioning tree placement issues. I will look at that, follow whatever might apply, and see how things turn out. At this point, I will offer a simple thank you on helping me solve the FTX Central issue. Other things I will sort out in time, I hope, and come running here for more help after I reach the point where I have painted myself into a figurative corner. 

Sherm

Archived