FSXORBX Scripts

m0dpsych

Hi

I have recently purchased a new machine and am going through installing all my Orbx software. So far I have put on PNW and Central Rockies. After installing each I get the following error message after clicking on Run FTX Central: Windows cannot find E:\fsxorbx\scripts\ftx central\ftx central.exe. Make sure you typed name correctly then try again.

My specs are: I73770k running at 4.2ghz, 16 gig ram, 2gb GTX660ti Video card, Asus P8Z77 V M/board. FSX is installed on a 1tb hdd (drive e) with Win 7 64Bit on C.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Gary

Hello Again,

I have installed Australia and NZSI and did not receive the error message described above. I have run FS_Registry_Repair and it didn't help. Any suggestions as I am keen to get flying again.

Regards

Gary

Hi gary,

seems the error message has a backslash missing, between fsx and orbx, maybe a typo?  I remember this from a while ago, do a search on this forum and you should find the solution, sorry, I can't remember exactly how.

I may be wrong but try to start 'ftx central.exe.' from within the folder,( follow the path)  if it works, create a new shortcut or modify the desktop one. not sure if it can be done.

E:\fsxorbx\scripts\ftx central\ftx central.exe.

Should be as below.

E:\fsx\orbx\scripts\ftx central\ftx central.exe.

Ron.

ps.found this while searching. you should be able to add the '\' with the reg fix tool.

Hi
I remeber having the same problem during PNW installation  before I added the missing \ in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0\SetupPath value using one of the
FSX Registry Utility

Hi Ron,

I checked out the FTX central icon on my desktop and under properties it is:  E:\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\FTXCentral.exe. Yet when I try to install I still get the error message. The other thing is I also tested on my old machine tonight and the same thing happened .

Gary

Hi Gary,

I did a forum search on that error, (Windows cannot find E:\fsxorbx\scripts\ftx central\ftx central.exe. Make sure you typed name correctly then try again.)

This was from Holger,

Posted 16 July 2011 - 02:17 AM

Hi guys,

usually, FTX Central gets started automatically once the CRM installation is finished because you have to set it back from Default FSX to North America. The error message only indicates that this last step didn't work due to your particular registry entry but the installation itself went OK.

Simply start FTX Central manually from the existing desktop shortcut or through the Windows Start menu. If it comes up already set to North America cycle it once to Default FSX and then back to North America and you're good to go. If it sits at Default FSX switch to North America and press Apply.

Cheers, Holger

Did you try to launch ftx central from it's location?

Ron.

Hi Wolter,

I have done that as soon as I install each region. I am wondering if I should 1 reinstall or 2 a chance that it is exclusive to NA regions as Aus and Nz seem ok. Also is there any order regions should be installed?

Thanks

Gary

Hi Gary,

there's no required order of installing regions and airports as long as the Orbx Libraries are the last to go in.

When exactly are you getting that error message? After the first region is installed there should be a desktop shortcut for FTX Central. Does the message come up when you double-click on it? If so what happens if you navigate to E:\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral, right-click on FTXCentral.exe, and select Run as Administrator?

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

It is before I click on the icon but straight after the installation where it says " run FTX central" I tried it on my old pc and got the same error. What I will do tonight is take a screen shot of the message and post it here. It is doing it on Aus, Crm, nth Rockies and pnw. All the rest are fine.

Gary

Hi Holger,

Please disregard my post of a few minutes ago. Here is the correct one. This is when trying to install Central Rockies. When it finishes it gives the screenshot "File Copying Complete". Then when I click on "Run FTX Central" that is when I get the other error message regarding the ORBX Scripts. I followed your instructions above and It gives me the option then to select default or whatever region/s I have installed. Having done some more searching on the forum, can I assume that even though I get this error message it still installs ok but for some reason the message still appears. If this helps I usually turn my Nortons off during install and have UAC down to never notify. All my ORBX products are on disk. Hope to hear from you soon .

Regards

Gary

Orbxerror_zps69ff719f.jpg

Hi Gary,

that error message does indicate that your FSX registry entry isn't correct, note how it actually references drive "D" (not "E", as per you previous post) and that there's a backslash missing between FSX and Orbx. When you run the registry repair tool what is the exact path it gives you for your FSX installation?

Cheers, Holger

Hi Gary,

As we said before, the error message is caused by missing backslash in registry,  should still work ok.

Go into the registry, Type regedit in search box, open regedit,  expand / navigate to ;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0.

click on the 10.0  ( this for 64bit system, for 32bit, there won't be 'Wow6432node' )

In the right hand vane (window) look for 'setup path'  and make sure there is a backslash at the end, if not, then double click on, setup path, and in Value data, click once at the end to remove the blue highlight, then add the backslash. click Ok and exit.

Note; if you start typing with blue highlight, it will delete whole entry, so make a note of the exact entry before adding \

Here is what mine reads, E:\Flight simulatorX\

Or use the reg fix tool if your not familiar with the registry.

Ron.

ps. sorry Holger, I missed your last post.

Hi Holger, Ron

Sorry, the error above is what I got on my old machine (where I took screenshot, but I get exactly the same error on new machine where FSX has been installed on E:). Ron, I will give your fix a go and see what happens.

Gary

1. Not sure what this means, ???

Do you mean one 1 on orbx site

whenever you make any changes to the registry, ie, as I  outlined above, usually a reboot is required for those changes to take effect.    then try to launch ftx central again.

2.  Do you mean if setup path is deleted? , then re enter the path exactly including backslash,  that's why you make a note before attempting change.  Yours may say,, E:\FSX   maybe, just add a backslash at the end,, E\FSX\.  ( mine is E:\flight simulatorX\ )

just write it down before and re enter same including \ at the end.

I'm thinking your not at all familiar with using regedit, Please let me know.  Messing with the registry without knowing exactly what your doing could cause bigger problems. 

Ron.

Hi Ron, Holger,

Just wanted to let you know it is all working ok now. Thanks so much for you patience and understanding. Ron, I wasn't familiar with regedit but I tested it on an old machine first, your instructions were very easy to understand. And once again, thank you for your help.

Gary

Archived