Uninstalling New Zealand - How to?

RudiJG1

I've been having display issues with NZSI and want to properly re-install both islands. I've searching this forum for advice on the best uninstall method, but the only posts advise setting FTX Central to "Default" prior to the uninstall. I can't do this because I have FTX Global installed and thus there is no default option any longer in FTX Central.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Hello,

What display issues are you getting with NZ? Could you please send us a screenshot?

If you really want to reinstall follow these steps:

Global is now the new default.

So set FTX Central to Global and untick Hybrid mode. Click apply.

Then:

1 - Delete FTX_NZ in the FSX/Orbx scenery folder.

2 - Browse to FSX\ORBX\Scripts
- Delete scenerylib_NZ_NZNI and scenerylib_NZ_NZSI
- Run FTXconfigurator.exe (silent operation, it removes the scenery library entries)

3 - Browse to FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery
- Delete all the "NZNI and NZSI" titled files

4 - Reinstall NZSI and download and install NZSI.002 patch here: http://myftx.com/orbxfreeware/OrbxFTXNZSIPatch002.zip

5 - Reinstall NZNI.

6 - Download and install the latest Orbx libraries here (which will fix up the double up global's in FTX Central etc): http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/65701-orbxlibs-130927/

7 - Enjoy! :D

Thanks, Eddy, for the response. Here're some screenshots of my problem:

NZQN from above:

10118001576_f72483ce0a_o.jpg

NZQN above by wklockner, on Flickr

NZQN:

10117904204_e9ea1176b4_o.jpg

NZQN by wklockner, on Flickr

NZPP:

10118001596_b93602c425_o.jpg

NZPP by wklockner, on Flickr

I've had both NZNI and NZSI working perfectly in the past, but since the install of FTX Global, I've had these issues. I've tried recycling FTX Central modes, and double-checking my scenery entries for potential conflicts. All ORBX installations were done as administrator. Suggestions gratefully welcome.

my computer specs:

MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) MB

i5-2500K CPU oc 4.5 GHz

8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 RAM

EVGA GeForce GTX 570 1280MB GPU

Corsair 850HX PSU

1 WD Raptor X 300 GB SATA HDD

1 Seagate 320 GB SATA HDD

1 WD 1 TB HDD Black Caviar

Pioneer DVR-111D DVD-RW PATA

ASUS VK246H 24" LCD monitor

Win 7 Premium (64 bit)

Forceware 311.06 video driver

Thanks for that.

Do you have any other addons installed like UTX etc?

I do have UTX installed for NA, Canada, and Europe, as well as SceneryTech landclass.

I also have other FTX regions installed: NA-PNW, NA-SAK, NA-NRM, NA-CRM and have no no issues with those.

I disabled all UTX and SceneryTech entries, but the problem as shown in my screenshots remains. I did try a reinstall last night as per your directions, but no change, unfortunately.

As I said, this is frustrating, because I did have a good install of FTX NZ prior to installing FTX Global.

Hi there,

please check the file date of your lclookup.bgl file in \Scenery\BASE\Scenery with FTX Central set to Oceania, it should be of August 2012.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks, Holger. I'm away from my FSX computer now but will check tomorrow.

For UTX it is impossible, UTX for Australia and New Zealand does not exist and Scenery Tech is not going to modify these textures. 

Best is to reinstall New Zealand scenery !  ;)

Reinstall didn't work, and I've run ORBX NZ along with UTX before with no issues.

Do you have Aerosoft's  Antarctica install?

Bill M

No, Bill, but thanks for the suggestion.

Hi there,

please check the file date of your lclookup.bgl file in \Scenery\BASE\Scenery with FTX Central set to Oceania, it should be of August 2012.

Cheers, Holger

Holger:

With FTX Central set to Oceania, the lclookup.bgl file date is Aug 2012. Here's a screenshot of the file info:

10200270546_4aa6d0a12e_o.jpg

Capture by wklockner, on Flickr

I'm still struggling with this issue and welcome any additional suggestions. Thanks.

Hi Rudi,

looks like the correct lclookup.bgl version is active so we can check that one off.

Perhaps your terrain.cfg file has become corrupted. Have a look in this thread how to refresh it: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/65581-terraincfg-has-no-landclasses-section/?p=599851

Cheers, Holger

Hi Rudi,

looks like the correct lclookup.bgl version is active so we can check that one off.

Perhaps your terrain.cfg file has become corrupted. Have a look in this thread how to refresh it: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/65581-terraincfg-has-no-landclasses-section/?p=599851

Cheers, Holger

Sorry, Holger, but no joy. The problematic display issues remain. Please tell me there's another option beyond a reinstall of FSX?

Hi Rudy,

sorry I was out of town for a few days.

With both terrain.cfg and lclookup apparently OK I'm not sure what else to check or suggest. Somehow there's a mix-up with the landclass file and its ground texture associations. You don't happen to have some other landclass file active in the area, specifically any scenery library entries above the FTX block of entries that may contain such files?

If that's not it either than perhaps re-installing the Orbx products from scratch is perhaps the best approach as hunting for the actual cause may take more time in the end.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Rudy,

sorry I was out of town for a few days.

With both terrain.cfg and lclookup apparently OK I'm not sure what else to check or suggest. Somehow there's a mix-up with the landclass file and its ground texture associations. You don't happen to have some other landclass file active in the area, specifically any scenery library entries above the FTX block of entries that may contain such files?

If that's not it either than perhaps re-installing the Orbx products from scratch is perhaps the best approach as hunting for the actual cause may take more time in the end.

Cheers, Holger

No worries, Holger, and thanks for the reply. I don't have any other landclass file active above the ORBX entries, and I've tried disabling the ones lower on the list already. So I expect that I'll have a go at re-installing my ORBX sceneries. 

What's the recommendation - install FTX Global first and then the regions? Or vice versa?

Thanks!

try and disable all non FTX addons, do not delete them, via your fsX scenery control panel, before resorting to drastic measures, see if that brings any change, also make sure to disable the Addon Scenery folder of fsX 

Thanks for the suggestion, Wolter, but the problem remains. The depiction of FTX New Zealand is still as shown in my screenshots at the beginning of this thread.

Archived