Q for for those flying PNG with FTX Global

dominique

Knowing that Global is textures not landclasses, does it still get rid of these awful pale green "shaven" hills in the high lands of Papua New Guinea ? I was flying the An-2 yesterday from Saidor to remote strips  (Bambu and Nankina) up in the valley, the default textures are terrible, on my computer at  least. I wonder whether it accomodates Raw Grit too.

Hi Dominique , the mesh and airfields work just fine . Not sure if there is extra coverage of forest but things look ok . There are some areas of green open spaces but enough forest I feel . I'm guessing here about reality at specific areas mentioned but , again, the airfields and mesh slot straight in .

I highly recommend getting Global . It'll blow you away in most areas and cities compared to default.

Actually FTX Global does do a good bit of land-class fixing in South East Asia, and this does include PNG.  For more info. please download Manual and read it.  I will direct you to page 13.

They will be releasing Open LC packs overtime, free for FTX Global owners, so definitely there is another area of value there.

So not only new textures, but new expanded and vastly improved autogen, and new landclass coverage.

Thanks to you all.

Hi Dominique , the mesh and airfields work just fine . Not sure if there is extra coverage of forest but things look ok . There are some areas of green open spaces but enough forest I feel . I'm guessing here about reality at specific areas mentioned but , again, the airfields and mesh slot straight in .

I highly recommend getting Global . It'll blow you away in most areas and cities compared to default.

Good ! Actually I exclusively fly OrbX areas in AU and the US, except for PNG where I go with Pacific Island Simulation Raw Grit which suffers from the default texturing/landclassing. Hence my question. I wait for the OpenLC and Vector products to go elsewhere.

Actually FTX Global does do a good bit of land-class fixing in South East Asia, and this does include PNG.  For more info. please download Manual and read it.  I will direct you to page 13.

They will be releasing Open LC packs overtime, free for FTX Global owners, so definitely there is another area of value there.

So not only new textures, but new expanded and vastly improved autogen, and new landclass coverage.

Couldn't find a way to download the manual without buying FTX-G so I couldn't check out page 13 :) .

The openLC landclass packs are not free. There will be seven of them, priced below AU$20 each. The PNG landclass will be updated as part of the third openLC Asia pack. For more information please see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/61436-ftx-global-openlc-worldwide-areas-rollout-plan-details/

Only fair, John ! I'd only wish Asia landclass would come sooner  ;)

I wonder whether it accommodates Raw Grit too.

I'm not sure about PIS' Raw Grit /Bush Trekker, Dominique. I've not got it installed at the moment, but it really is a lovely little add-on, and Orbx's FTXG  must be the perfect backdrop for it.

Time to try reinstalling it - if its successful, I will report back. :)

The openLC landclass packs are not free. There will be seven of them, priced below AU$20 each. The PNG landclass will be updated as part of the third openLC Asia pack. For more information please see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/61436-ftx-global-openlc-worldwide-areas-rollout-plan-details/

Excuse me for putting out bad info.  I knew that, but misremembered -- actually I confused it with the Global v 1.1 upgrade fix.

Dominique,

Here is a link to the FTX Global User Guide.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/62196-ftx-global-user-guide-pdf-not-accesible-if-logged-in/?p=567597

Dominique, I have just re-installed the PNG Raw Grit & Bush Trekker in FTX Global and everything seems fine. I flew around Kerema ( AYKM ) and Jacksons at Port Moresby (AYPM ) and couldn't see any obvious problems. Remember that installing PNG Raw Grit adds some radio navigation aids, so if you have an external flight planning tool ( such as Plan G ), you will need to re-run the database builder once more. Also, ensure that FTX Global is selected as active in FTX Central before installing Raw Grit and Bush Trekker.

:)

Thats good, thank you again ! Just landed in Kerema coming from Murray Island :), nice left side pattern over the river landing to the East ... How are the deforested highlands on the Northern coast (Solomons Sea) where some tricky Raw Grit strips are 8) ?

How are the deforested highlands on the Northern coast (Solomons Sea) where some tricky Raw Grit strips are 8) ?

No idea about that - I only did some circuits around Kerema and Port Moresby to check everything worked okay. You'll have to do a 'survey' flight up there and have a look. ;)

Archived